Pictures on formal nights?

gritsnc

When we cruised on Carnival, one of our best nights was formal night because they had all kinds of "stations" set up to have pictures taken. We also bought tons of pictures. Does Royal do this also? If so, we will definitely

will be dressing up nice.

When we cruised on Carnival, one of our best nights was formal night because they had all kinds of "stations" set up to have pictures taken. We also bought tons of pictures. Does Royal do this also? If so, we will definitely

Yes, Royal does the same thing.

Great! Thank you!

6 night cruises have two formal nights, correct? Do they do photos both of the formal nights?

Yes, a 6-night cruise usually has 2 formal nights. I've seen photos being done on both formal nights, and also on the non-formal nights.

Both Formal nights and one of the casual nights as well with more relaxed backgrounds they also run some specials if you buy a lot of poses.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone heard of this???? It was on Liberty.

...... Want to let you all know about our photo experience. We got a call asking if we'd like an appointment time to take photos prior to formal night. I thought great no wait. We took the pictures and when we tried to view them we were told we had to meet with the guy who took them. That's when I knew this wasn't just photos. I am lucky to get photos once with my group. Finally met up with him and the photos were lovely but get a load of this. Cheapest price was $500 for 5 photos and the big package was $3500. I was speechless. Came home pictureless and very disappointed.

Oh MY if this is still happening. I too will be coming home picturesless.... well Royal's pictures anyway.

Usually picture taking stations are set up every night. Formal nights have some of the nicer backgrounds and some ships have more stations on formal nights. The last night on Oasis of the Seas in February was very light for photo ops.

If you buy a lot of photos you may want to consider a package. We have purchased the "All" packages several times recently (it makes Nancy happy, and she's quite photogenic :cool: ).

Has anyone heard of this???? It was on Liberty.

Originally Posted by bossjetter viewpost.gif

...... Want to let you all know about our photo experience. We got a call asking if we'd like an appointment time to take photos prior to formal night. I thought great no wait. We took the pictures and when we tried to view them we were told we had to meet with the guy who took them. That's when I knew this wasn't just photos. I am lucky to get photos once with my group. Finally met up with him and the photos were lovely but get a load of this. Cheapest price was $500 for 5 photos and the big package was $3500. I was speechless. Came home pictureless and very disappointed.

Oh MY if this is still happening. I too will be coming home picturesless.... well Royal's pictures anyway..

Sure it still happens. These are private photo sessions taken both in a studio and on locations about the ship. Several cruise lines offer this premium photo service. We have been offered these sessions before (Oasis of the Seas this past February), but have turned them down. The pictures are studio quality and offered in larger sizes and in different formats (like Canvas).

My sister in law purchased a package like this last year on NCL for my nieces Quinceañera (15th birthday). The pictures were beautiful :).

There are still plenty of picture stations set up around the ship.