Freedom of the Seas Cabin Questions

BigMomma228

My family is booked on Freedom December 2016. We have three E3 cabins 6262, 6264, and 6266. Can anyone give me any insight or advice on these cabins? We've never been on this ship and this will be our first experience with balcony cabins. I was given a choice but since I know nothing about this ship, the deck plan meant nothing to me. In previous cruises, our cabins have been all over (forward, middle, back, left side, right side, inside, window view exc) and I've never had my pick. I'm not hip to the directional lingo of ships (as you can tell) so if you say aft, port side, starboard... Please explain ha! This cruise as is (E3), is costing $5100 for all six of us with $900 total OBC between the 3 cabins. I don't mind spending a little more if the difference is worth it. We are usually budget cruisers and have normally taken what cabins they have given us. The last cruise we went on (10/2015) we literally took the last available cabin on the ship. With that being said, since we have enough time to plan and budget, we'd like to see what a nicer ship and cabin have to offer. Thanks in advance to any help you have.

The only difference in the number designations are location and number of beds....the sizes of ALL E cabins are the same...Same with D category.

Your cabins are adjacent...on the RIGHT (starboard) side of the ship, towards the front portion of the ship. Not far enough forward for motion to bother you, but just forward of midships...not a bad location at all! They will be quite fine! Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

We are in 6260,6262 and 6264 on the Nov. 5th cruise. you got a great deal! Does that include insurance and gratuities? I think you can have the partitions opened up so you will have one big long balcony. we did this on oasis and it was great. You will love the balcony.

• 2 weeks later...
We are in 6260,6262 and 6264 on the Nov. 5th cruise. you got a great deal! Does that include insurance and gratuities? I think you can have the partitions opened up so you will have one big long balcony. we did this on oasis and it was great. You will love the balcony.

It doesn't include gratuities. I really didn't realize what a deal we got until now. My best friend and her family were going to go with us but weren't able to book at the same time we did. There hasn't been a deal better or equal to what we got since then. Anyway, I was hoping we could open up the balconies to make one big one but wasn't sure if that was a possibility or not. I'm glad to hear it is. Since we booked this so far in advance, I've put the trip in the back of my mind. Now I'm getting excited about it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always book so far in advance to get the good deals. we always wanted to go on the Freedom but it was down in port Canaveral forever. When I saw that it was going out of Fort Lauderdale and the price was really good compared to other rc ships going to western caribbean we jumped on it. Since we booked we had our first grandchild a boy who is now 10 months old and we just had our first granddaughter on July 11th. So I have had other things to be excited about too! The other day we booked a 7 night Bermuda cruise on celebrity summit for may 2017. we will probably book on the freedom if we have something in mind and only if the booking bonus is worth it. we like to have something to look forward too!

Oh wow! You've had a really exciting year! I was just looking at Bermuda cruises last week. We are currently building a house, one brick at a time, out of pocket with no loan. But eventually I'd like to get to the point where we can start booking in advance and cruising every few months or so. I'd like 3 or 4 times a year anyway and then more when the kids get older.

- And just to go back to the original question on gratuities, since we have $150pp OBC, we'll end up using that for gratuities. We've been on several cruises and have not even come close to $150pp in on board expenses. I'm sure it'll be hard to spend. Or maybe it won't [emoji23] We'll see.

Edited by BigMomma228

• 2 months later...
$0 out of pocket. I'd lose $300 in OBC though.

no. not worth it to me. Keep the cabin and spend your 300 nicely

Is the cabin on the direct aft-- across the back of the ship?

Edited by serene56

Thanks, I did keep it. I was just hoping I could confirm my decision [emoji4] I didn't see a big enough difference to justify the $300 loss.

The D2 cabin was not direct aft.

Even if it was a true aft and I love the true afts...you made the right decision to keep what you have and the OBC....Enjoy !!