Ever go on a cruise and not get off at any port?

[quote name='harry0']I understand that however a few weeks ago the Allure stopped at Nassau-St Thomas and St Martin-Why not Labadee instead of Nassau.
I would not be surprised if Nassau pays very large kickbacks.[/QUOTE]

Our Allure sailing next summer is Eastern with Labadee.

We were surprised and we booked it knowing how much we love Labadee

Safe travels.

If we cruise in the Caribbean again, I definitely won't be getting off in Nassau again - there were 6 ships in port and that's way too many people. You could hardly walk. DH didn't even get off the ship and I only got off to run to a jewelry store! We've been to Grand Cayman so many times (both cruising and land vacations) that we only got off the ship long enough to run into the Tortuga liquor store to get our 151 Tortuga rum! It's the only place in the world you can get it and the only reason we took that particular cruise!

We only got off at two out of six ports on our recent southern Caribbean cruise. We only liked the shore excursions offered on two islands, and two of the other islands had been written up as high crime, so they were out.

We also missed Bar Harbor on the cruise before our Southern Caribbean, because it had a tender ride to the port. Too much can go long. We heard of someone collapsing waiting in line for a long tender ride on our Hawaii cruise last year. On our last trip to Bar Harbor, they left both hatches open on the security deck, and had a wind tunnel in security. Then they made me take off my jacket, thermal vest, etc, and re-scan. Would have been better if I wasn't freezing due to the Binaca blast. Edited by knittinggirl