seconds thoughts about emerald princess

arlee

You should follow this blog http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/ J & G have spent over 400 nights on the emerald doing back to back cruises over the winter period. They just got on today for the next 3 months.

J blogs every night and gives good run downs on the food, service, entertainment etc that they go to each day.

Certainly from reading the last 4 years of blogs on the ship they love it but also give very honest feedback on any issues they encounter.

Just returned from a wonderful cruise. The ship is beautiful. The food was delicious! I will say the service was rather slow in the MDR. We only had one waitress most of the time and she had many tables. We ate at Crown Grill one night with our free promotion dining. It was the best meal ever! Just wonderful!

The new beds were super comfy. The entertainment was very good. Loved Magic To Do and the other broadway style show, plus the juggler/comedian was very entertaining.

We were on Riviera, Aft. One of our 4 rooms was a little warm but they came out looked into it and discovered that the vent wasn't working to it's best ability, so they remedied it and all was fine the rest of the cruise. We had no issues with hot water or toilets at all. Plenty of hot water all 8 nights. We loved the location of these rooms because you are right at the back door leading to the adult pool- a convenient way to get to Horizon Buffet/Caribe Cafe. Only on the last night did we notice stomping type noises coming from above us in the Caribe Cafe. Not sure why but no issues on other nights- but we sleep with a white noise app on our phone to drown out everything anyway ;)

No time right now for a review, but feel free to ask any questions here and I will answer any and all if possible!

I would say that anyone who is hesitant to book Emerald because of bad reviews on here- I would go back in a heartbeat! It was fabulous!

PCJMOM

We are just home from an 8 day cruise on the Emerald and would recommend it. With the exception of one person at the pursers desk the crew were amazing! It was like the old days of personal attention. Twice we had brief plumbing issues in our cabin and both times our cabin steward was right on top of it (Orville) and each was fixed quickly. We had traditional dining and it was all the fun we used to have. The waiter and assistant were great and remembered our preferences perfectly. The assistant waiter (Victor) even did up close magic at our table one night and he was great!

We thought that the food at Share was great and the dining room food much better than our last princess cruise. Although I'm not a big meat eater the last night I ordered the NY strip steak and for the first time ever (cruise or land). I wasn't able to cut it! Yikes! I wasn't sure what to do. Our server, Sandra, saw the problem came right over and whisked it away and a new steak arrived immediate that I could cut - this was before said anything! I didn't like the wine selections in the dining room but the wine list at Share was great.

At St Kitts we couldn't dock due to high winds so at the last minute we tendered in. We thought the crew did an amazing job of switching gears and getting people off the ship as fast as possible. And, in a fun chance encounter, one couple in our group struck up a conversation with a woman and her two kids on the tender only discover the woman was the captains wife and kids!

We also used the EZ option with our luggage ($20) and after putting our luggage out the las night didn't see it again until we arrived at our home airport!

I love the Emerald. I did a B2B on her in October, and will sail on her again next month.

The Promenade deck is a beautiful spot for watching the sea and sunsets.

I had no problems on board, food and service were great.

I agree that many people have a very negative attitude and will look for problems. Traveling, as with all aspects of life, with an open mind and a positive attitude, will make experiences and all of life better. Many people never have the chance to take a cruise. You are lucky! Enjoy it!

our friends who are travelling with us in March just read the most horrible reviews from people who just returned. what is happening to the emerald? same issues with water toilets a/c. filthy curtains on the cabin rude hostesses lack of fresh fruit. we are Canadians who are paying much more than the American people. for that reason we want our trip to be memorable.

Love Emerald, that's why we booked her this year. With all the reviews about the problems with water, toilets, A/C, etc. I was very nervous. I realize this was just their experience. If it was ours when on I would not be happy either. I am feeling much better. They definitely should have had enough time since drydock to fix those important things. Thanks for everyone contributing.

Just returned from a wonderful cruise. The ship is beautiful. The food was delicious!

We were on Riviera, Aft. One of our 4 rooms was a little warm but they came out looked into it and discovered that the vent wasn't working to it's best ability, so they remedied it and all was fine the rest of the cruise. We had no issues with hot water or toilets at all. Plenty of hot water all 8 nights. We loved the location of these rooms because you are right at the back door leading to the adult pool- a convenient way to get to Horizon Buffet/Caribe Cafe. Only on the last night did we notice stomping type noises coming from above us in the Caribe Cafe. Not sure why but no issues on other nights- but we sleep with a white noise app on our phone to drown out everything anyway ;)

No time right now for a review, but feel free to ask any questions here and I will answer any and all if possible!

I would say that anyone who is hesitant to book Emerald because of bad reviews on here- I would go back in a heartbeat! It was fabulous!

PCJMOM

We will be in the same area on February 6. I wasn't concerned before your post, but I am even happier since you provided the helpful info. Thanks!

My wife and I have cruised Princess 11 times and have never had a bad cruise.

Yes I said never. This is our third time on the Emerald.

Sure things may happen on the ship but why dwell or even think something bad will happen; go and have a blast. If my steak is burned I have a million other food options, if the AC isn't working we will enjoy the breeze on the deck, if the comedian isn't funny I will take my wife dancing, if it rains we will sit in the hot-tub and make-out....LOL

Our vacation is going to be awesome aboard the Emerald just like the last 11 cruises! We hope yours will be too! :)

My wife and I have cruised Princess 11 times and have never had a bad cruise.

Yes I said never. This is our third time on the Emerald.

Sure things may happen on the ship but why dwell or even think something bad will happen; go and have a blast. If my steak is burned I have a million other food options, if the AC isn't working we will enjoy the breeze on the deck, if the comedian isn't funny I will take my wife dancing, if it rains we will sit in the hot-tub and make-out....LOL

Our vacation is going to be awesome aboard the Emerald just like the last 11 cruises! We hope yours will be too! :)

That is a great attitude and the same i have we are looking forward to a great cruise thank you for your reply

We are getting on Feb 6th for a short break - we don't have 20 cruises under our belt so maybe we are just more appreciative of the ability to get away, but the only rotten part about cruising is that trick where they make you get off the ship at the end and you have to home and COOK, CLEAN AND MAKE YOUR BED! [emoji23]......seriously - there are certainly things that can impact our opinion of any particular cruise - but we've yet to have a "bad" cruise - hope it stays that way!!

We are virgins when it comes to cruising having just completed our first cruise with NCL earlier this year. And like others said people will find fault with everything. We had heard bad reviews about NCL buffet but we found it more tastier than MDR. We are due to travel on Emerald (same one which was out of dry dock) end of January (2nd cruise) and didnt bother to read any of the reviews prior to travelling because travel is an individual perspective. What others may like, you may not and what you like others may not and so on. It is what you make of it. We once booked a hotel with lot of bad reviews on TripAdvisor but found it to be good for us. Go on the cruise with an open mind and you'll have a great time; if not for sure you'll find ways to complain! Have fun!!

Have a great cruise I'm sure it will be great

Thanks, Im sure it'll be a great cruise. It's our first time on Princess. I had actually posted my views on the first page. Going with an open mind and not worried about all the bad reviews it seems to be getting!:)

We also never experienced a bad cruise on Princess. Hope we don't start now!:eek:

Only thing that may get me down is a non working toilet. Anything else I can make do with.

I'd predict you will have a wonderful time! The level of service and friendliness of the crew was terrific. Both of our toilet issues were due to passenger "issues" and although both effected a group of cabins, both times the issues was fixed super quick, so not a problem at all.