Sky Suites on S class ships?

jules815

S1's are my favorite because of the open area with a side wrap deck at the aft of the ship; these are not good if you don't like to walk!:):) Also, you can eat in blu or Laminae. In addition, I really like the port hole window and slider that give lots of light. I believe deck 10, Sky Deck, has the window washing equipment! Don't choose the top deck as it is under the Oceanview Cafe.

Edited by Lastdance

S1's are my favorite because of the open area with a side wrap deck at the aft of the ship; these are not good if you don't like to walk!:):) Also, you can eat in blu or Laminae. In addition, I really like the port hole window and slider that give lots of light. I believe deck 10, Sky Deck, has the window washing equipment! Don't choose the top deck as it is under the Oceanview Cafe.

Yes, this is exactly the type of info I was looking for! I'll be a first timer with X in March on Connie in an aft S1 (6145) that I learned about here on CC.

So aft S1 (we don't mind walking), and avoid deck 10 because of window washing equipment, and also whatever deck is under the Oceanview Cafe.

Thank you so much!

Hmmm.... Connie is not a Solstice ship so they don't have the corner aft S1.

On the M class that cabin is next to the Penthouse Suite (which has the whole aft corner) and has a connecting door to it. It will also have the same decor as the Penthouse.

We had this cabin on the Infinity in August and were happy with it, though the aft S1 on Solstce ships are our favourite.

Yes, this is exactly the type of info I was looking for! I'll be a first timer with X in March on Connie in an aft S1 (6145) that I learned about here on CC.

So aft S1 (we don't mind walking), and avoid deck 10 because of window washing equipment, and also whatever deck is under the Oceanview Cafe.

Thank you so much!

Note that this post is referencing an 'aft S1' on Connie. Just wanted to be clear.

We recently completed a cruise on the Eclipse in the S1 on deck 10 (1198) with the dreaded window washing equipment. It didn't bother us, but we got a really great deal on it probably because of it. We would book it again for the right price. Yes, it was a walk to get there, but it really wasn't bad at all. Loved the porthole and we thought the big pole next to the bed was funny. Hubby did say he had to be careful getting out of bed so he didn't crash into it. The only negative we had was that I was sitting out on the balcony one day and I guess we slowly sailed into a rain shower, but it was still sunny on the back of the boat. Water began to run off on to me like my own personal, very cold, waterfall. I though somebody was rinsing off an upper deck and soaking me down until we got far enough along that the back of the ship caught up with the rain shower. We thought that was hysterically funny, but glad my iPad didn't get damaged in the run-off.

Connie reference was for march....the original post was about april 2017 equinox

Correct. We do have an S1 (I believe it's an S1...6145) on Connie for March. It's one of the corner afts that connects to a Penthouse suite. (I guess it's not exactly on the corner, more of the side, because it looks like the PH wraps around the corner.) I believe 6145 and 6146 are the "special" S1's on M class ships. Curious if there's anything like that on S class, or what the favorite Sky Suites are for that class.

Also, if we went to the next level up on S class, are there any rooms to avoid?

We're interested in the 10-day Caribbean itineraries with either an overnight in St. Maarten or San Juan. I want to have my ducks in a row, and might book while I'm on Connie in March. :)

Penthouse Deck -- Corner aft 1663 or 1666. Up as high as possible but not directly under the public deck.

We've been in the corner aft suites with the window washing equipment and it is really a non-issue. Doesn't take away any real view.

The poles in the room? Doesn't bother us either and we don't notice them after 5 minutes. Just architecture and holds the ship together ha ha.

Love the long walk to the stairs/elevators and how quiet and peaceful it is "back there."

It also has never bothered us that people can see us if we're out at the railing.

Correct. We do have an S1 (I believe it's an S1...6145) on Connie for March. It's one of the corner afts that connects to a Penthouse suite. (I guess it's not exactly on the corner, more of the side, because it looks like the PH wraps around the corner.) I believe 6145 and 6146 are the "special" S1's on M class ships. Curious if there's anything like that on S class, or what the favorite Sky Suites are for that class.

Also, if we went to the next level up on S class, are there any rooms to avoid?

We're interested in the 10-day Caribbean itineraries with either an overnight in St. Maarten or San Juan. I want to have my ducks in a row, and might book while I'm on Connie in March. :)

If you have 1645 next to the penthouse, keep it! It's decorated like the penthouse and has beautiful amenities.

If you have 1645 next to the penthouse, keep it! It's decorated like the penthouse and has beautiful amenities.

Oh definitely! We have 1645 on Connie for March, and nothing is changing on that trip. I'm really excited about this room.

Back to Equinox...now these deck 10 SS's with the window washing equipment have piqued my interest. I need to do an image search on the Google. Would this be considered an obstructed view? And just how obstructed is it?

Penthouse Deck -- Corner aft 1663 or 1666. Up as high as possible but not directly under the public deck.

We've been in the corner aft suites with the window washing equipment and it is really a non-issue. Doesn't take away any real view.

The poles in the room? Doesn't bother us either and we don't notice them after 5 minutes. Just architecture and holds the ship together ha ha.

Love the long walk to the stairs/elevators and how quiet and peaceful it is "back there."

It also has never bothered us that people can see us if we're out at the railing.

Thank you! Poles wouldn't bother us either. :)

We are on the Equinox, the same itinerary, for March and in aft cabin 1667. It was recommended to us by someone who was in this Sky Suite. It has a bigger balcony and is an SS2 cabin. We are doing the overnight in St Maarten. If you look at Utube and search for Sky Suite on Equinox you will see the room and balcony. We booked the same SS2 in 1666 for April 2017.

Happy Sailing!! You will love 1645 on the M class!!

We are on the Equinox, the same itinerary, for March and in aft cabin 1667. It was recommended to us by someone who was in this Sky Suite. It has a bigger balcony and is an SS2 cabin. We are doing the overnight in St Maarten. If you look at Utube and search for Sky Suite on Equinox you will see the room and balcony. We booked the same SS2 in 1666 for April 2017.

Happy Sailing!! You will love 1645 on the M class!!

Great thanks so much!

Enjoy your cruise on Equinox...Happy New Year!

We were on a Reflection cruise in February. The aft cabins are still available on a couple of decks that have no other suites. Has anyone had any problems with services if you booked one of these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Run quickly away from any Sky Suite on Deck 12 under the Ocean Cafe. Constantly noisy.

Looking at a 10-day Caribbean (over night in St. Maarten!) on Equinox for April, 2017.

It will just be my husband and I, so looking at sky suites. Are there any favorite sky suites for Solstice class?