Can I visit another ship while in port?

stanrock22

He seems "high ranked" to us as customers, but is not within the organization. One of my parents works for Carnival in a corporate capacity. John is a contract employee that the Carnival customers seem to like, but is certainly not top brass.

As far as the OP being able to visit another ship, I'm sure (as others said) this is a security issue.

While he is def not an officer of the company, he has a unique position in the industry and Carnival brass does recognize that fact. He carries more weight than you might think.

He carries more weight than you might think.

Figuratively and literally! :D :eek:

Just kidding. I think John is a great guy and have loved sailing with him. I just wish (according to some posters who may or may not be telling the truth) that he wouldn't tell cruisers it's okay to do something that contradicts Carnival's policies.

Just kidding. I think John is a great guy and have loved sailing with him. I just wish (according to some posters who may or may not be telling the truth) that he wouldn't tell cruisers it's okay to do something that contradicts Carnival's policies.

Ha! I really meant that in the best way. He actually has lost a lot of weight. Must be hrs traveling all the time.

And that right there is the main problem with JH. You hit the nail on the head. People seem to like him, but at times he's a liability.

The poster said that he said he tried to visit a Princess ship and couldn't. I didn't read where he said you could do this.

No way they should have ever allowed passengers to do this in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

And that right there is the main problem with JH. You hit the nail on the head. People seem to like him, but at times he's a liability.

Trust me, he is no liability. It is called free advertising, John is the crown jewel of the Carnival management team and they def realize that.

The poster said that he said he tried to visit a Princess ship and couldn't. I didn't read where he said you could do this.

No way this should have ever allowed passengers to do this in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I am not aware of options along this line. They do it from time to time for TA's when in port. Not to say it does not happen but I would be surprised.

I believe I read somewhere that if you are having a wedding on the ship that guests can come on for the event.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That is true in home port and may be in ports of call as well.

Trust me, he is no liability. It is called free advertising, John is the crown jewel of the Carnival management team and they def realize that.

I had to unfollow his page. He does a lot of subtle "blame the victim" type posts and whips his followers into a pretty rude and offensive frenzy. Trust me, from my perspective he certainly CAN be a liability because he has a lot of influence and is a very public figure, and sometimes it leads to ugly threads on his page, and that is unfortunate. The figurative bully that never left high school is how it comes across on occasion, and that's too bad.

I also think he participates in getting people to take unscientific surveys / votes to get cruisers to bargain for less.

So; known in the community and someone that has reach across a customer base? Sure. Good brand ambassador? I would not use that label consistently. Able to resolve issues? On a case by case basis he is effective, yes. Crown jewel? Not at all in my opinion.

These are my opinions and it is already clear we disagree, which is fine. I am just presenting a different perspective.

I am not aware of options along this line. They do it from time to time for TA's when in port. Not to say it does not happen but I would be surprised.

Princess has a Bon Voyage Program. The program costs $39 per person.

For that you generally have 3-4 hours to tour a ship.

You receive:

Priority boarding; before the Suites and Elites. If you have friends or family that are guests traveling on the ship, they can link to your BVE and get on first also.

Lunch in the MDR includes a glass of wine for the BVE guest

One 8 X 10 Embarkation photo

If you book a cruise within 90 days the $39 fee is credited back as OBC on your next cruise. Some people do a BVE just so they can go to the onboard booking desk, get the bonus for booking on a ship, and since it is within 90 days they get the fee back as OBC. So, kind of IS a free lunch!

I've been on 3 BVE's while bringing family to Princess ships and am about to book a 4th. It's a great, low cost way to check out a new ship or brand.

it is only at embarkation ports. It must be pre-booked. Payment is non-refundable for any reason.

I had to unfollow his page. He does a lot of subtle "blame the victim" type posts and whips his followers into a pretty rude and offensive frenzy. Trust me, from my perspective he certainly CAN be a liability because he has a lot of influence and is a very public figure, and sometimes it leads to ugly threads on his page, and that is unfortunate. The figurative bully that never left high school is how it comes across on occasion, and that's too bad.

I also think he participates in getting people to take unscientific surveys / votes to get cruisers to bargain for less.

So; known in the community and someone that has reach across a customer base? Sure. Good brand ambassador? I would not use that label consistently. Able to resolve issues? On a case by case basis he is effective, yes. Crown jewel? Not at all in my opinion.

These are my opinions and it is already clear we disagree, which is fine. I am just presenting a different perspective.

That is fine, nothing wrong with disagreeing. ;) The scientific polls you talk about are just his way of getting information and seeing what hits home and what does not. I think of him much less of a "fixer" although he does do that if he can, more of a spokesperson for Carnival, and he excels at that. He has the largest read travel blog site on the net (your leaving aside). Other cruise lines would love to have a person with that much influence and ability to garner "attention" for them (for free I might add). The President (I think he is gone now but not sure) used to write a monthly perspective blog on Princess, but more of the industry. It was a pretty good read and perspective on things. We can differ though and move on.

Edited by jimbo5544

Princess has a Bon Voyage Program. The program costs $39 per person.

For that you generally have 3-4 hours to tour a ship.

You receive:

Priority boarding; before the Suites and Elites. If you have friends or family that are guests traveling on the ship, they can link to your BVE and get on first also.

Lunch in the MDR includes a glass of wine for the BVE guest

One 8 X 10 Embarkation photo

If you book a cruise within 90 days the $39 fee is credited back as OBC on your next cruise. Some people do a BVE just so they can go to the onboard booking desk, get the bonus for booking on a ship, and since it is within 90 days they get the fee back as OBC. So, kind of IS a free lunch!

I've been on 3 BVE's while bringing family to Princess ships and am about to book a 4th. It's a great, low cost way to check out a new ship or brand.

it is only at embarkation ports. It must be pre-booked. Payment is non-refundable for any reason.

I had forgotten about that, true enough. I wonder how much it is used.