The Little Things

Babycat

Where is that horn located? I'd rather not start my cruise with a heart attack as the dickens is exploding from my body. :)

If I recall correctly, we were on the Fascination returning to Jacksonville. We had a medical emergency and stopped at Port Canaveral so the passenger could get medical attention.

We, along with a lot of other people were up on Deck 11 all the way forward watching the activity on shore. When the Captain blew that horn to depart, everybody ducked. The horn was on Deck 14, 2 decks above us and a little further back -- up where the antennas are located.

I look forward to filling out the room service for the first delivery of my coffee. Don't have to go and get my own coffee.

There is something about the smell when first boarding.

Just sitting with coffee or soda and looking for wild life.

Reading and napping.

The look of amazement on the faces of the newbies as they get their first look at the atrium lobby.

Remembering that amazement in ourselves when we first cruised.

Yes! Love that! :)

6. The boing sound when inserting the cards getting on and off the ship

To go along with that, hearing that sound when you board the ship for the first time. That's the sound that vacation is officially underway! :D

Great thread. Here are mine

- 1st time to seek a quiet outside lounger on deck 3 for reading and a snooze

- 1st time to step out on balcony to watch the waves go by

- arrival of the shuttle at the hotel to take us to the ship

- hearing "Hot, Hot, Hot" song on Lido deck

- first seeing the Lobby bar after walking from the check in area to the ship

This thread made me smile & I needed that today (my mother is hospitalized with a broken leg :( )! I am now bouncing in my seat in excitement for the next one in 12 days! And to boot it's the first cruise for my babies & I can't wait to experience all these little things through their eyes!

Most of these have been mentioned but just a few of mine:

-Seeing the whale tail peeking out on the shuttle ride over

-The silly/funny Carnival signs in the port

The anticipation walking up the gangway & that first official step onto the ship

-First view of the ship

-Sitting at that first lunch feeling so relaxed & knowing the best is all still ahead

-The ship exploration on day 1- it's why I prefer to always sail a different ship!

-The elevator announcements (glad it's not just me!)

-Seeing the ship all lit up that first evening

-The towel creations

-The idea that with my 6th Carnival cruise coming up (5th in 3.5 years) instead of feeling bored, it feels like visiting an old friend

My two favorite "little things"...

Going to the MDR the second time, and having the servers greet you like longtime friends, asking about your day, and just knowing what you want.

Thinking about how warm and sunny it is, while knowing that my friends back home [in cold, wintery Nova Scotia Canada] are shivering and shovelling snow and wearing parkas!

Waking up that first morning and looking at a different cieling as the golden sun light peeks through the curtain.

Walking to the curtain and sliding it over to unlatch the sliding door.

Sliding the balcony door open with a gust of warm ocean air and the ambient sounds.

Wondering if either the port or starboard side will face the island.

Not wearing a bra for a week.

Watching pier runners.

The ding noise is a favorite.

Seeing Captain Carnival in Tampa's port.

Getting my luggage with no notes in it.

The Reuben with double everything for the first lunch.

Meeting new people.

Meeting people from past cruises.

Meet 'n greets when people show up.

Surprised it took 15 posts to mention the famous flush!

Love that first ding with sail n sign; hate that last one.

Love waking up and looking out balcony at a new port.

Love the food!

Love drinking wine on balcony late at night and looking up at stars and down at ocean.

Love that first drink because I know it's one of many.

Love being able to take a nap on the balcony.

Love watching a movie under the stars.

Hi Babycat, great thread! I agree with all your thoughts. :)

My personal favorite is waking up on the first morning, taking a stroll outside, breathing the salty sea air and realizing I'm in the middle of the ocean, miles away from everything. In my opinion, nothing in this world is more relaxing than that feeling!

On another note, I took a look at your videos in your signature...1 word: AMAZING!!!

I mean, really, really amazing. Great work!

Happy cruising!

Edited by YankeeFan4Ever

This thread is awesome!! Here are some of my favs!

The first glass of wine on your balcony.

The laughter of your friends at dinner and the knowledge that you just made an inside joke that will last a lifetime.

Watching your child savor their first meal at the steakhouse, while knowing your other kid is chowing down with Camp Carnival and loving every minute!

The sizzle of the omelet being made just for you.

I absolutely ADORE this thread! In a world where so many complain and pick at the little things it is SO nice to read a thread with only positive things! Here are my contributions..

53. (Because I think we forgot a few in between, lol!) Turning off our cell phones after checking in with whomever has our children and putting them in the safe for a whole week! I call this technology-free week!

54. Letting the porters take our luggage knowing that the next time we see it will be when we are on the ship!

55. Clocking out at work on the last day that is "pre-vacation!" Hello cruise time! (I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but it is an awesome feeling!)

56. The hum of excitement in the stairwells as everyone rushes down to deck 0 to disembark at a port of call!

This thread made my day and now I'm going to go think of things to add to it!

Hi Babycat, great thread! I agree with all your thoughts. :)

My personal favorite is waking up on the first morning, taking a stroll outside, breathing the salty sea air and realizing I'm in the middle of the ocean, miles away from everything. In my opinion, nothing in this world is more relaxing than that feeling!

On another note, I took a look at your videos in your signature...1 word: AMAZING!!!

I mean, really, really amazing. Great work!

Happy cruising!

Thank you😊😊😊

All these little details are the free things! I can't wait for my next cruise but when I read these responses, in my head, I'm already gone! 😜