Summit 3128 Review

bambidrummer

If you don't like noises and having the cabin staff leaving their cart in front of your door don't stay in this room.

The plus side is that it is clean and on a quite hall.

the motor noise was so loud I slept with ear plugs that I use for the plane. The people on either side of my cabin (they were sailing with me) said the noise was less in their rooms. Not sure why.

I guess the room is in the middle of the hall so the cabin steward left his cart right outside our room every day. People would leave their room service trays right outside too. I would never book 3128 again.

If you don't like noises and having the cabin staff leaving their cart in front of your door don't stay in this room.

the motor noise was so loud I slept with ear plugs that I use for the plane. The people on either side of my cabin (they were sailing with me) said the noise was less in their rooms. Not sure why.

I guess the room is in the middle of the hall so the cabin steward left his cart right outside our room every day. People would leave their room service trays right outside too. I would never book 3128 again.

If you move up the hall a bit...3114 is VERY quiet:)...as for leaving trays

outside, that is (in my opinion) just rude.....leave the tray in the cabin

and the attendant will take it away. I hate seeing trays on floor.

And you are correct, 3128 is in the middle of the hallway so they placed

the cart right there. Sorry you had noise.

We just sailed on the summit this week and the noise in our inside cabin at night was also terrible. All we heard was elevators and banging all night. We were in 8073. The front desk was worthless when i complained about it numerous times. Offered me a $200 credit on a future cruise!! Luckily I found two pairs of old earplugs in my shaving kit, otherwise I don't think i could have made it.

You could not pay me to take another cruise on the summit. The boat is tired and needs massive updating to be competitive in this market for the prices they charge.

Also, the cabin stewards left their carts in the halls for hours. Their assistants even did all their towel folding work in the hallway. They would leave canvas bags full of dirty towels next to our door for 2 or 3 hours at a time. The housekeeping staff at a Comfort Inn are more professional than they were

I don't understand your problem with the cart in front of your door??? Did the cart make a lot of noise or was it just the fact it was in front of your stateroom??? Did you have problems entering or exiting your stateroom??? Should they have left it in front of someone else's door??? 3128 is a central location in that hallway of cabins to service them all in that area.

We've stayed in that area several times and never had any problems with noise. Was it peaceful and quiet so you could hear a pin drop -- of course not -- you're on a ship, and ships make ship noise.

I had a problem with looking at dirty dishes and dirty laundry bag every day. I had a problem with clutter.

I agree, the dirty dishes are annoying. They should have called to have them picked up -- as for the dirty laundry bags, they're on every deck, and down every passageway. Not much you can do about it other than asking the stateroom attendant to stage it away from your cabin door.

Wow! All I can say is that the room stewards have to "park" their cart somewhere in order to service the rooms. Unless you are sitting in your cabin with the door open, and staring at the cart, I really don't understand how this could be so objectionable. :confused:

All cruise ships will have those carts "parked" in the hallways during certain hours. There is absolutely no way to avoid that from happening. It's easy enough to pass by - we all do it at some point in time.

I have stayed in those exact rooms on three different cruises. They are wonderful and the location perfect. Sorry you had noise and cart issues.