Uber from MIA Hotel to Port

ChrisCJSU

Has anyone had any experience using Uber from a MIA Airport Hotel to the Port of Miami? How long did it take for the car to arrive? How much did you pay for the trip? I'm trying to weigh all the options for transportation from our pre-cruise hotel to the port for my upcoming cruise on the Escape. Thanks!

We just spent the night at the Miami Hilton Downtown before our cruise last weekend, on a stay and cruise rate. Great location, nice hotel and shuttle to the port of Miami about 5 minutes away! I highly recommend that.

We just spent the night at the Miami Hilton Downtown before our cruise last weekend, on a stay and cruise rate. Great location, nice hotel and shuttle to the port of Miami about 5 minutes away! I highly recommend that.

I already have a hotel reserved and I'm looking for advice on what is the best transportation option from our hotel to the Port of Miami. I have never used Uber before and want to know if others have used it from a MIA Airport Hotel to the pier, how long it took to get the driver at your hotel, and how much did you pay.

Have not used them to the port, but for other similar range trips in Miami..

Uber and Lyft have pretty good driver populations in Miami so shouldn't have to wait long. Pricing will depend on time of day, traffic, surge pricing, etc but I would assume between $15-$20 for budgetary purposes. (Uberestimate came up with $13-$18)

Have not used them to the port, but for other similar range trips in Miami..

Uber and Lyft have pretty good driver populations in Miami so shouldn't have to wait long. Pricing will depend on time of day, traffic, surge pricing, etc but I would assume between $15-$20 for budgetary purposes. (Uberestimate came up with $13-$18)

Thanks!

Has anyone had any experience using Uber from a MIA Airport Hotel to the Port of Miami? How long did it take for the car to arrive? How much did you pay for the trip? I'm trying to weigh all the options for transportation from our pre-cruise hotel to the port for my upcoming cruise on the Escape. Thanks!

We used Uber from an airport hotel to the port, and it was about $50, I think. However, the driver stopped at a convenience store so my sister-in-law wanted to buy Coke for the cruise, and that was off-meter.

We took a cab the night before to go to Joe's Stone Crabs, and the ride and driver were so bad, I downloaded the Uber app to get a ride home.

The app will tell you how long it will take for your car to arrive. I usually look at the app before we're ready to go, to see how long it will be.

There are a few Uber estimate sites if you Google them. In an area like that I would say you can get a driver within a few minutes with both X and Lux. Before you request the car you will see how long it will take for one to arrive.

Never had UBER in Miami but if you understand how uber works then you would understand that it is normally cheaper than a taxi (unless there is a surge). You get to order it from your phone and pay cashless. There are many benefits to UBER. The only downside is when you are at a place like an airport where there are plenty taxis lined up ready to transport passengers. Even though it is cheaper, taxis are already there and waiting, where an UBER would have to come and get you and find you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Uber (but thought I'd mention it), the taxis have a "flat rate" from the airport to the cruise port, currently it's $27. I'm pretty sure you need to request the rate when you get picked up:

http://www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp

You are correct if going from airport to the pier but when we were picked up from a Miami airport hotel to the ship they used the meter which came about about the same as the flat rate.

Maybe we just got hosed?

Bill

I already have a hotel reserved and I'm looking for advice on what is the best transportation option from our hotel to the Port of Miami. I have never used Uber before and want to know if others have used it from a MIA Airport Hotel to the pier, how long it took to get the driver at your hotel, and how much did you pay.

If you never used UBER, Google uber promos and usually it's $20 off your first ride. It will make the trip from Miami airport to the cruise ship terminal free or very inexpensive.

You are correct if going from airport to the pier but when we were picked up from a Miami airport hotel to the ship they used the meter which came about about the same as the flat rate.

Maybe we just got hosed?

Bill

I suspect that if you get picked up at an airport hotel vs at the airport - all bets are off and you are most likely going to pay the meter rate.

I HATE taking cabs - so for our upcoming cruise I'm either going to take the hotel cruise shuttle (which runs later than I'd like) or (more than likely) I'll take the hotel shuttle BACK to the airport and take the fixed rate cab from there. A bit of a PITA, but I'm OK with it...

Plus you don't have to tip with Uber.

Depending where your hotel is, cost should be between 30 to 40. I was north of the airport (opposite direction of the cruise terminal) and I think my taxi fare was 45 with tip

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Plus you don't have to tip with Uber.

Depending where your hotel is, cost should be between 30 to 40. I was north of the airport (opposite direction of the cruise terminal) and I think my taxi fare was 45 with tip

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You should always tip your uber driver. It's not included like they claim. The uber driver does not get 100% of the fare. Uber takes a lot out. You don't have to tip, but you should if you received great service. Cars are newer and cleaner than a cab, and you tip the cab driver right !? Uber is probably cheaper than a cab too

You should always tip your uber driver. It's not included like they claim. The uber driver does not get 100% of the fare. Uber takes a lot out. You don't have to tip, but you should if you received great service. Cars are newer and cleaner than a cab, and you tip the cab driver right !? Uber is probably cheaper than a cab too

Actually. UBER is cashless. They are not supposed to take any cash. The driver makes all the fare minus a percentage. The no cash perspective is part of the reason it is much safer. If you offer a tip they are supposed to decline. If you insist then they are allowed to accept. In comparison, the way taxis work (at least in my city) is the driver either pays to "rent" the taxi or they have their own vehicle and they pay a fee to the taxi company to be able to accept riders. Either way, (again at least in my city) UBER drivers make more money than the taxis. I hardly ever carry cash so UBER is a great way to get around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who in the world tips uber? That is the whole point.

I always tip my Uber drivers. Not a Huge amount but 5 bucks.

Uber is wonderful the cars are cleaner and nicer than the cabs I have been. The people are friendly. I love being able to call them on my phone. You never know what kind of a car your going to get but if you have a lot of luggage and 4 people you will have to request a SUV and that does cost more than a Uber X

UberX: The least expensive Uber service. Seats 4 riders. Drivers use everyday cars that are 2000 or newer

Lots of drivers seem to drive Prius's so small cars might not work with lots of luggage

•UberXL: Seats at least 6 passengers. An UberXL car will be an SUV or a Minivan. Higher fare price than UberX

•UberSelect: A luxury sedan that seats up to 4 riders. Expect a BMW, Mercededs, Audi, etc with a leather interior. Formerly known at UberPlus in some markets.

•UberBLACK (Black Car): Uber’s ‘executive’ luxury service. Commercially registered and insured livery vehicles, typically a black SUV or luxury sedan. Highest fare price

Who in the world tips uber? That is the whole point.

Generous people who receive five star service. I drove as one and at the jersey shore in the summer. A lot of people tip. Do you tip the porter at the port that loads your suitcases on your cruise ? Do you know that some of them make $35 -$50 and hour before tips? There are signs in one port that they do. People still tip. So what's different with uber ??? Because the app says not too? Don't be cheap. The fare is way cheaper than a cab and your not driving in a dirty car. These people mostly work this full time and are hard workers. A tip is generous gesture. End of rant.