How safe single female Miami?

canyoncam

My plane is scheduled to land at about 8pm. I am thinking either an airport hotel with airport shuttle and cruise shuttle or take a taxi to a Downtown hotel and then another taxi in the a.m. to the cruise port.

I like the idea of the downtown hotel as it is facing the cruise port and the same price as the airport hotel. But I worry about being a single female in a Miami taxi, though I would most likely be talking to my father on my cell the entire way providing every detail about the cab ride I could possibly throw in. I stayed at this hotel and took a taxi before when with a group so it is familiar.

If I stayed at the airport hotel I would have to wait for the hotel shuttle and then jokey for the cruise shuttle in the a.m. plus since I have not stayed here before it would be unfamiliar so I think I would be more uncomfortable.

Thoughts????

I've stayed myself in fll and Mia a few times. Just use your common sense you would at home and you'll be fine. I live in a city where cabs are known to long haul tourists so I just watched our trip on a gps map on my phone to make sure driver wasn't screwing me. My last trip in dec I tried uber. It was great. You should try it. I did not feel unsafe. And I landed at 1:30am.

I totally understand your worry about a single woman by yourself in a taxi. Would you feel any more comfortable in an uber car?

I think your plan of being on the phone although sounds good, I've always been told isn't as good as you think. If something were to happen you can be distracted and not notice your surroundings by being on your phone.

Personally, I would do the taxi and stay downtown. I think you'll be ok as the taxis are used to carrying tourists and 8pm isn't that late in miami!

for a single rider the shared shuttle is cost effective and gives you the 'advantage' of other riders in the vehicle with you (depending on the time ... cuz u MIGHT end up as the only rider anyway)

in the morning don't be surprised if you easily find a party interested in sharing a taxi .... "anyone heading to the port?"

Edited by Capt_BJ

Why is Uber safer than a taxi? All Taxis I use Have the Drivers name Taxi License number etc for you to see.

I have never used Uber so just want to know if i am missing something.

The only reason I have not used uber is with so much CC fraud around now i try to limit leaving my CC info with anyone.

Good luck with U at MIA.

MIA is always busy, arrival deck has three separate two lane roads of traffic.

The uber jockey will have no idea who or where you are.

If they can pick up at all.

And they will not be allowed in the first pick up lane, for taxis, and shuttles only.

Yes, I got yelled for trying to get to the closest lane to the terminal.

The people directing traffic have no patience for slow, drivers who are searching for a person, etc.....

I was there last Monday evening.

Edited by fireofficer5