transatlantic cruise

smythouse

my husband and I are taking our first transatlantic cruise on April 18, 2016. Sailing on the Zuiderdam, leaving from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen.

Does anyone have any info or somethings we need to know re: this cruise ??

I am beginning to worry, just a bit, if there will be enough for us to do on all those days at sea.

Would appreciate any info or thoughts you would like to share.

Thanks fro reading this post,

Kathy S.

You will make so many friends on your Cruise Critic Roll Call that you will always have people to share interests with. You can also ask on the board if there are others intrested in your hobbies, and can arrange to meet. Besides, there are always lots and lots of things "going on" on sea days. Make sure you study the daily program thoroughly when it arrives in your stateroom, and mark the things which you'd like to attend. I'm sure you will really enjoy yourselves.

looking forward to meeting others who are taking this cruise......I would love to hear from you and share the excitement leading up to our cruise.

Kathy

You will get a better response by joining the roll call for this cruise. Enjoy! You will love the trip.

I too was concerned about being bored on our first T-A but somehow I always found something interesting to do! It helped that we had three port stops before the longest sea stretch, so I used some time editing my pictures. Buy a big internet package and blog! :D

We've done three transatlantic crossings and love the sea days... get up when we want to, no alarm needed.

We're not especially extroverted but here's some of the things we enjoy but note that we couldn't possibly do them all in one day:

-attend the presentations, usually one or two lecturers daily,

-the Microsoft classes.

-there's time to download photos,

-take walks on the promenade deck,

-catch up on writing in my journal,

-maybe go to the gym (maybe...maybe not),

-read a book - from home, or on e-reader or there are so many in the library and usually a very helpful librarian (although I often take a book outside to read and watch the sea but watching the sea usually wins, I can read at home),

-enjoy trivia,

-DH likes to work a jigsaw puzzle,

-afternoon tea,

-we've done a few basic dance classes,

-soak in the hot tub,

-swim a few laps (just a few)

-watch a movie

-check out a complimentary DVD movie from the front desk to watch in your room

But wait, there's more!! There are all the activities in the On Locations for you to consider... cruise favorites, games, cooking demos, and some of the pay-for activities like cooking classes, spa activities, shopping specials...

If you are heading east you will have shortened days as you adjust your clock ahead an hour most days of the crossing, so you will have to work harder to fit everything in!

Enjoy, m--

We have also done three transatlantic cruises. Love love love the sea days! Sleep late, breakfast in bed, nice workout, second breakfast, laps around the promenade deck, classes, shows, lunch in the dining room ( I love being waited on) drinks out by the pool, naps, reading and that famous jigsaw puzzle. Love to do it when I can find time to get up to the crow's nest or wherever they have it on your ship. (Our last cruise they had it out in a hallway--not good)

I was never bored but by the time we hit land I was plenty relaxed, rested and ready to hit the ground running. Enjoy--and definitely check on your roll call. All the good stuff should be there.

my husband and I are taking our first transatlantic cruise on April 18, 2016. Sailing on the Zuiderdam, leaving from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen.

Does anyone have any info or somethings we need to know re: this cruise ??

I am beginning to worry, just a bit, if there will be enough for us to do on all those days at sea.

Would appreciate any info or thoughts you would like to share.

Thanks fro reading this post,

Kathy S.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Happy planning! m--

We've done 3 TA and one TP and the sea days are actually quite nice for us for some of the reasons many above have indicated. Our typical day would involve lectures in the morning and early afternoon (depending upon the schedule), time for walking around the deck for 3+ miles, take in the show at night and if we like it go back for the second show, catch up on movies, read books, chat with new found friends, enjoy leisurely meals, watch for flying fish, and the list goes on. They are so relaxing. And we disconnect from the internet except for reading the NY Times. . .