Liberty of the Seas upgrades?

Google "Royal Caribbean blog liberty dry dock" and you will get an excellent deck by deck list of change as of Jan 12th. CC will not allow me to post link.

that's rather frustrating. they use it all the time in their email newsletters but I've had a few posts removed and "infractions" because I used the link.

Google "Royal Caribbean blog liberty dry dock" and you will get an excellent deck by deck list of change as of Jan 12th. CC will not allow me to post link.

Looks like quite a few new cabins added. I hope it's not enough to make the ship feel noticeably more crowded. Percentage-wise, it's not that many cabins, so hopefully not much different.

Edited by Paul65

We didn't notice any difference when Navigator added cabins. Looking forward to Sabor and the Suite Lounge. Really hoping they do a furniture upgrade - we had great wicker balcony furniture on our Oasis cruise. They switched it out a few days in - which was funny to us since there didn't seem any wear and tear on the ones that had been out there.

Are they really going to make the H2O zone kids only? That seems dumb :mad: My biggest complaint about DCL is they won't let me play on the water jungle gym at Castaway Cay and now RCL is going to keep me out of the H2O zone :'(

I'm concerned about safety for the kids if parents are not allowed

I'm concerned about safety for the kids if parents are not allowed

Yeah, although I just about broke my back in the H2O zone on Freedom in October. That wood gets slick, I was even holding on to the hand rail getting into the pool, and my foot slipped right off the step. I got a huge bruise on my back for the rest of the week. So maybe it isn't parent safe.

Regardless, I am just a huge kid at heart, so I love playing in the H2O and really looked forward to using it with my DD when she gets old enough (I try to get my DW to play with me, but she'll just look at me like I am insane).

Cindy, I'll be there on April 24th...

Noticed last night there is a Texas resident rate for that sailing. We are currently going out May 8th but can get a slightly better deal on the April 24th sailing and an additional $200 in obc. Unfortunately we redeemed $500 in Royal Caribbean Visa credit card points that they are not willing to transfer if we change dates. I don't want a refund I just want the credit applied to the new reservation. I have asked them to make an exception and was told they will make a decision in about 48 hours.

Cindy, I'll be there on April 24th, you can bet I'll be posting lots of pics/video!

Same cruise date for my wife and I, can't wait and will be doing a lot of pictures video too. Excited to see renovations and use the water slides and first boomerang slide at sea!

Only thing I know about the Freestyle machines is that ships sailing out of the US only will have them- guess the cartridges aren't available overseas. So, if Liberty will be staying in the US then I think we will see them. I am hopeful that they will be there for our spring break cruise.

Whoever told you this was wrong. There were Freestyle machines on Anthem last summer in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...
Noticed last night there is a Texas resident rate for that sailing. We are currently going out May 8th but can get a slightly better deal on the April 24th sailing and an additional $200 in obc. Unfortunately we redeemed $500 in Royal Caribbean Visa credit card points that they are not willing to transfer if we change dates. I don't want a refund I just want the credit applied to the new reservation. I have asked them to make an exception and was told they will make a decision in about 48 hours.

Forgot to update. BOA and Royal agreed to transfer our $500 credit to our new reservation. Decided to advantage of a "W" rate which netted us a $700 onboard ship credit too. :)

Looks like quite a few new cabins added. I hope it's not enough to make the ship feel noticeably more crowded. Percentage-wise, it's not that many cabins, so hopefully not much different.

Freedom seemed way too crowded 2 weeks ago. We attributed it to all of the new rooms.....hence lots more people.

:eek:

• 1 month later...
Same cruise date for my wife and I, can't wait and will be doing a lot of pictures video too. Excited to see renovations and use the water slides and first boomerang slide at sea!

Boomerang wasn't open yet when we cruised March 13-20. Too dangerous. Still trying to figure it out.

Boomerang wasn't open yet when we cruised March 13-20. Too dangerous. Still trying to figure it out.

Too bad :( After all the promotions, they need to get it open - people are expecting it as advertised!!

How were the lines for the slides?

I tried the slides at 9 am when in port one day which is opening time and there were just a few people in line. No wait really but at peak times I think it wasn't really bad and that was spring break. Staff was continuing to try out the boomerang and apparently getting injured on the downside when they would hit the wall. Really think that should have already been worked out in the design phase. I was really disappointed. Hope they will have that figured out by Nov. Supposedly they had some padding made for the wall ?? We'll see

Freedom seemed way too crowded 2 weeks ago. We attributed it to all of the new rooms.....hence lots more people.

:eek:

Cruise was sold out for spring break and didn't seem over crowded although our waiter said they didn't add dining room space so that had been an issue in the main dining room. We ate early MTD and there were lots of empty tables so we didn't see any problem.

Cruise was sold out for spring break and didn't seem over crowded although our waiter said they didn't add dining room space so that had been an issue in the main dining room. We ate early MTD and there were lots of empty tables so we didn't see any problem.

Was MTD on deck 3 or 5? I think I read that it had moved to deck 3.

RCL customer service told one of our roll call members this afternoon that they hope to have the new padding installed by April 17th cruise....still crossing our fingers though!!

The activities director (not sure if that's the right title or not) spoke at the M&M this past week, and from what he said, it's not just a matter of adding padding. The company that designed the slide will be reworking it to reduce the angle of the initial drop and the height of the bump on the final part of the slide to make it a bit less "scary." He was estimating another 4 or 5 weeks before it would be redesigned and ready to go.

...He was estimating another 4 or 5 weeks before it would be redesigned and ready to go.

Not surprised we are hearing different stories. I am actually the person that Becci mentioned that spoke with Royal today. Was really hoping it was reliable information. Seems as though the only thing consistent with Royal is being inconsistent. LoL

We will still have a great cruise, but was hoping to enjoy Tidal Wave.