lost & found- passport- 4 years ago???

mother2_3

I recently realized that I haven't had my passport in my possession since a cruise 4 years ago. I did email Carnival lost & found, but it may take up to a week to hear from them. Any ideas on what may have happened to it if left after all this time? I will have to go through the whole process and fees again, so- just trying to avoid that- if possible. Thanks

I recently realized that I haven't had my passport in my possession since a cruise 4 years ago. I did email Carnival lost & found, but it may take up to a week to hear from them. Any ideas on what may have happened to it if left after all this time? I will have to go through the whole process and fees again, so- just trying to avoid that- if possible. Thanks

Wouldn't you have used it going through customs after the cruise?

It's difficult for anyone to know what happened to your passport. You could have left it at customs, the airport, dropped it, it's with your travel docs. Really hard telling. I would do a thorough search of where it might be in your home, and if not found, apply for a new one.

I would doubt that Carnival would still have it if you lost it on the ship and someone turned it in. I know with regular lost/found items, if not claimed within 30 days, they are given to charity.

I would have thought that with a passport, they would have had your name and address to send it back to you. I agree with the previous poster that you should check at home and if you can't find it that you get a new one.

Good luck.

Why would you bring your birth certificate when you have a passport? :confused:

Redundancy and a feeling of security. If one is lost you have the other. I've never bothered taking the BC but I read another thread here where a cruiser takes both.

Chances of needing the BC are probably <0.01%.

The passport should be reported to the State Department as lost or stolen. However, do a thorough search for it first as it will be voided as soon as you do report it.

Good luck,

Charlie

Edited by 98Charlie
typo

From Carnival's policies:

LOST & FOUND (MISSING ITEMS)

SEARCH RESULTS

Results 1 - 1 of 1

Lost & Found (Missing Items)

All leftover items recovered on board are forwarded to our Lost & Found Department and kept for thirty (30) days. You can send your inquiry to guestcare@carnival.com . Please...

Edited by evandbob

My son went swimming with his passport.

Last cruise he was told to get a replacement.

Got the paper work ,you can only renew

by mail if its not damage to bad and still can read all the information.

If lost you have to go to the nearest passport office.

Hassle for sure.