port change

Travels with Lisa

Does anyone know why our stop in Zihua has been changed to Huatulco? February 29 on the Journey). I haven't seen anything about an increase in crime in the area.

Liz

Are you talking about this year, because Journey is in LA on 29 February :o

Does anyone know why our stop in Zihua has been changed to Huatulco? February 29 on the Journey). I haven't seen anything about an increase in crime in the area.

Liz

I've heard the reason for the port change from our Director of Itineraries...

"Zihuatanejo sustained hurricane damage over a year and a half ago and they still haven't made repairs to the tender dock. Thus we are unable to call there at this time. Huatulco was the best alternative replacement in our schedule.

We are hoping that they (Zihuatanejo) get their tender dock repaired so cruise ships can return in the future."

"Zihuatanejo sustained hurricane damage over a year and a half ago and they still haven't made repairs to the tender dock. Thus we are unable to call there at this time. Huatulco was the best alternative replacement in our schedule.

We are hoping that they (Zihuatanejo) get their tender dock repaired so cruise ships can return in the future."

Thank you for the explanation. Looking forward to seeing our excursion options soon. As of today, Ziuatanejo and Huatulco were both listed on our cruise calendar but only excursions were available for the old port. I find it interesting that our new port is farther south, yet we arrive 30 minutes sooner but leave several hours earlier. Hated to see the shortened port stay of 8 to 2.

as already mentioned by beachseeker the new port is farther south,why leaving now at 2 pm?

that means perhaps this port is not that interesting ?

We are on the Feb 29th Panama Canal cruise on Journey. Our cruise calendar is still showing both Ixtapa and Huatalco on two different days. We did receive an email saying that our excursion in Ixtapa has been cancelled and we would be receiving a credit. However, no shore excursions are showing for Huatalco. Hope we see possibilities soon.

We are on the Feb 29th Panama Canal cruise on Journey. Our cruise calendar is still showing both Ixtapa and Huatalco on two different days. We did receive an email saying that our excursion in Ixtapa has been cancelled and we would be receiving a credit. However, no shore excursions are showing for Huatalco. Hope we see possibilities soon.

I'll see if I can find out when the Land Discovery tours for Huatulco will be available for you.