How to surprise kids?

OK, we have booked 2 junior suites for a family cruise for April 2017 and I want surprise the kids. Not exactly your normal "surprise the kids" the kids are 25, 31 & 33. We have a family lunch planned for Sunday to tell them. I am ok with fun or corny, treat them like little kids, surprise but I can't even think of anything to do treating them like little kids. Anyone have any ideas?

What if you have a puzzle made up with the picture of the cruise ship that they have to put together to find out about the trip? Or if lunch is at your house you could do a scavenger hunt. We did that for our kids for a trip to Disney one year. Each clue led them to a place in our house that had to do with something they could do on the trip. The bathtub, for swimming, kitchen, for all you can eat meals things like that. Even adults can get into a good scavenger hunt. If you liked the puzzle idea you could have that be the last thing in the hunt.

I can't think of anything to do with treating them like little kids, but do have a few different ideas to consider for surprising adults. Download some typical Caribbean cruise music (Jimmy Buffett, 70's music, etc.) and start playing it at an unexpected time. Go to a party supply store or craft store and buy a few small items (tropical drink umbrellas, small starfish, shells, anchors, sailboats, etc.) and wrap each item in a cloth napkin with their silverware. Serve rum punch or other drinks in disposable plastic stemware marked "drink of the day" with a magic marker. Make up a trivia game where all questions and answers provide hints of a cruise.

Thanks for the ideas. I do not HAVE to treat them like little kids, I'm just not above that :) I think I'm going to make a bunch of "flash cards" that tell a story with pictures. We are going out for lunch so can't really do the music but I do like that idea.

ok, my grandkids are 9/11 but did a big wrapped box, with a tab on the top.

started with piks of some of the places we would cruise - then a swim suit, then a cheap pair of sandals, sun glasses - flight info , cheap ear buds and cruise info and a big ticket at the end saying you are invited by... to go to ... on etc. each item was pinned or taped together so it all came out one thing at a time - you can ad or delete items, they had a pretty good idea it was a vacation, but had to wait to the very end to get all the details.

You've probably run out of time for DW's idea. She kept sending them cruise stuff anonymously over over a few months. There were luggage tag holders and other small cruise gear. Just the fact we were taking them was surprise enough but it added a little mystery to it. We're doing it again in 2020 but this time there will be grandchildren. She needs to come up with a new plan. :D

A simple idea would be to order a cake decorated with a cruise ship, and bring it to your family lunch. Have the restaurant hold it in the back, and bring it out for dessert. (Or just cover it if you are arriving together). We surprised my parents with an anniversary cruise, and presented them with a cruiseship sheet cake and the cruise brochure. :)

A simple idea would be to order a cake decorated with a cruise ship, and bring it to your family lunch. Have the restaurant hold it in the back, and bring it out for dessert. (Or just cover it if you are arriving together). We surprised my parents with an anniversary cruise, and presented them with a cruiseship sheet cake and the cruise brochure. :)

That is a great idea.

I've booked a family cruise for our adult kids their spouses (and girlfriend of my single adult son) and our two toddler grandsons for March 2017 on Harmony (no one knows not even my DH)...I plan to give it to them as a Xmas gift (something wrapped in a box) Dec 2016...I've done this before so don't know how much of a surprise it will be but I know they'll all be very excited for another family cruise.