FTTF question

bluejay555

I have never bought FTTF but this year New Orleans has the staggered boarding and I have to pick an exact time to be there. Since we're driving in, I don't want to lock myself in to an exact time, so I tried to buy FTTF. My PVP said it was showing as unavailable but to check back periodically because it "sometimes shows up again". So even if it's sold out, it will open back up again for purchase? I don't want to be frantically checking every day if odds are it won't be available.

I just checked for our cruise in 12 days (no no... 11 days & 1 hour :D) & it's available. I cannot promise you it was ever sold out because I'm not interested in purchasing it so i didn't pay close attention but I feel like when I booked at the beginning of December & had checked out if the cruise line offered any good excursions it was not available. So it's worth it to keep checking if you're really interested!

I have never bought FTTF but this year New Orleans has the staggered boarding and I have to pick an exact time to be there. Since we're driving in, I don't want to lock myself in to an exact time, so I tried to buy FTTF. My PVP said it was showing as unavailable but to check back periodically because it "sometimes shows up again". So even if it's sold out, it will open back up again for purchase? I don't want to be frantically checking every day if odds are it won't be available.

You can either try to buy the faster to the fun or you can just choose the earliest time available and arrive at that time or thereafter. The staggered boarding time prevent you from arriving early but they don't prevent you from arriving late.

You can arrive later, but not before, your staggered boarding time.

It will be interesting to see what staggered boarding means after the Jan 23rd/24th boarding's in NOLA. CCL is now saying the ship will not be ready to board until 12:30PM, but you should check in during your "staggered check-in window".

It's not worth $60. Save your money. How long does it take you to make $60 to save that amount of time in line doing nothing? <~~~ rhetorical

Thanks everyone! I will keep checking back then. And I didn't understand that "check-in" and "boarding" were different. So no one boards before 12:30?

We have never had a problem in NOLA. Embarkation has always gone quickly and efficiently. Not sure why that's one of the ports chosen for this new staggered system. I guess since the Dream is so huge, it could be a potential nightmare if everyone showed up at the same time....which I have never seen happen.

Oh well, I appreciate all your info!

Thanks everyone! I will keep checking back then. And I didn't understand that "check-in" and "boarding" were different. So no one boards before 12:30?

We have never had a problem in NOLA. Embarkation has always gone quickly and efficiently. Not sure why that's one of the ports chosen for this new staggered system. I guess since the Dream is so huge, it could be a potential nightmare if everyone showed up at the same time....which I have never seen happen.

Oh well, I appreciate all your info!

I hope that the email that was sent out yesterday is just poorly worded. However if there is check-in starting at 10AM but no boarding until 12:30PM, there will be a substantial crowd waiting.

I hope that the email that was sent out yesterday is just poorly worded. However if there is check-in starting at 10AM but no boarding until 12:30PM, there will be a substantial crowd waiting.

I am sure this is isolated to this cruise because the previous cruise is scheduled to come back later then the normal 8am for other dates. If you ever sail out of Baltimore its similar in that the cruises do not arrive back until 9am, so boarding is usually later then other ports. It takes them about 3hrs to get everyone off the ship and get it ready for everyone, so if the ship is not coming back until 9am or later from the previous cruise, no one can get on until at least 12noon.

I am sure this is isolated to this cruise because the previous cruise is scheduled to come back later then the normal 8am for other dates. If you ever sail out of Baltimore its similar in that the cruises do not arrive back until 9am, so boarding is usually later then other ports. It takes them about 3hrs to get everyone off the ship and get it ready for everyone, so if the ship is not coming back until 9am or later from the previous cruise, no one can get on until at least 12noon.

The problem then is the number of next cruise cruisers that will be at the terminal to check in. I hope you are wrong because I would hate to be in such a FUBAR. This is already the first NOLA cruise weekend with "staggered boarding" which will have unexpected snags. My assigned "staggered check-in" window is 10AM.

Boarding usually begins at 11:15 to 11:30. They start by boarding wedding parties then diamond and platinum then faster to the fun but this process does not take very long. I am platinum and I'm in usually on board by 11:45.

Boarding usually begins at 11:15 to 11:30. They start by boarding wedding parties then diamond and platinum then faster to the fun but this process does not take very long. I am platinum and I'm in usually on board by 11:45.

My guess, hope, is CCL in NOLA always says 12:30PM, then open up when they feel like they are ready. If this is new policy, fine, but I would delay my check-in to avoid the cattle call in line. In either case I KNOW there is a pony under that pile.:rolleyes:

We have done FTTF from NOLA and it's not worth it in my opinion. It got us on the ship about 10 minutes faster than the people in Zone 1 and 2. Unless you are going to travel to a port that tenders and you are concerned about getting off the ship quickly, I'd save my money.

We have done FTTF from NOLA and it's not worth it in my opinion. It got us on the ship about 10 minutes faster than the people in Zone 1 and 2. Unless you are going to travel to a port that tenders and you are concerned about getting off the ship quickly, I'd save my money.

I am just about there. We do need to get off quickly, and I assume I will be able to dump the carry-ons in the cabin, so it might be worth it.

At what time did they start boarding on your cruise?

I am just about there. We do need to get off quickly, and I assume I will be able to dump the carry-ons in the cabin, so it might be worth it.

At what time did they start boarding on your cruise?

You can always go to guest services and get early luggage tags when departing or do self disembark.

Yes you will be able to dump your carry-ons in your cabin. They might question you, but just tell them you have FTTF. Also fire doors might be closed, we just opened them and went and dumped carry-ons in cabin.