Complimentary upgrade to Balcony

pilotsugar

My travel agent just called and said Carnival was giving me an upgrade from room 9201 category 4J to a balcony room# 6207 because they were re categorizing or something like that and our room was no longer going to be a room. A late Christmas present for me. This is for the Journeys cruise on the Splendor on May 26. I am so so happy. It looks like room 6207 is in the front of the ship too!!!

I was so happy when my travel agent called tonight. I thought they were going to offer me an upgrade I had to pay for. I was so happy when she said it was free. I had got the inside 4J category inside room just because it did have a window . Maybe while in dry dock, they are going to do something with my original room!!!! Yay!! I don't care where t his new room is located!!! I am just glad I got a balcony!!!

Almost certainly, they are putting in those scenic oceanview rooms in that spot on deck 9 in the next drydock, just like they did with most of the Conquest class ships. If you search, you can probably find reports & pics of those rooms. Floor to ceiling windows, overlooking the front of the ship! I would have pushed for them to let me have one of those, but a balcony is still nice. Don't worry about any noise from the theater. First of all, shows are over by 11:30 at the latest, then it will be empty. Secondly, you are not above the theater. You are above the backstage area. You might be able to hear singers rehearsing or something like that before the show, but even that is unlikely.

Back in 2008, we were booked in a floor to ceiling window room on Conquest (side view), but before we sailed, they converted it to a balcony. So we got a free upgrade to a balcony, by just keeping our same room.

I average 20-30% Are other lines more generous?

The only real upgrade I ever got in 30+ cruises was OV from inside on RCCL.Carnival has offered upgrades that were just different floors, same category. Never accepted one of those since I'm careful about where I book in the first place.

Congrats that sounds like a great upgrade! I wouldn't worry about being above the theater unless your one who is in bed by 9-10pm lol. It sure beats being on the lowest level upfront and getting woken up by the thrusters pulling into port every morning like I had on Fantasy last week!

I would be very careful in respect to complimentary upgrades, or even upgrade sells. In many, if not most instances, they will upgrade you to a run, that for whatever reason, is very difficult to sell. You may get a balcony, but will be under the pool deck, or above the nightclub.

As the saying goes, "You get what you pay for."

I would be very careful in respect to complimentary upgrades, or even upgrade sells. In many, if not most instances, they will upgrade you to a run, that for whatever reason, is very difficult to sell. You may get a balcony, but will be under the pool deck, or above the nightclub.

As the saying goes, "You get what you pay for."

Downer Debie

I would take an upgrade from interior to balcony and celebrate my good fortune of the upgrade. Would not care where it is located.

Happy Sailing!!

I average 20-30% Are other lines more generous?

Princess is generous and we've been offered "so called" upgrades and we always decline. Now we tell them no upgrades unless it's to the Owner's Suite. Never have gotten that call.