Brisbane Boarding!

Hiya! Next Sunday, 6 of us young fillies, (okay, we are not quite Spring chickens... But I'm making us feel a bit younger), are going on Legend out of Brissy.

Does anyone know how far from the airport the terminal is, (by car) & if we could easily get a maxi taxi or should we just go for 2 taxis?

Also, would anyone happen to know what the port is called?

Thanks in anticipation! [emoji38]🤓

There are 2 ports in brisbane so make sure you are going to the right one. We were on the rhapsody in april and were docked at the grain terminal, a long way from the city and no public transport so didnt bother going in.

We are also going on queen mary 2 out of brisbane in march and are boarding at the same terminal. We dont trust airlines so going up the day before and staying at a motel in Wynnum, we are a group of 10 arriving at different times but plan to get a maxi taxi from the motel to port in the morning, have been told they are easy to find.

The other port is for smaller ships and easy to get to brisbane city on public transport.

There are 2 ports in brisbane so make sure you are going to the right one. We were on the rhapsody in april and were docked at the grain terminal, a long way from the city and no public transport so didnt bother going in.

We are also going on queen mary 2 out of brisbane in march and are boarding at the same terminal. We dont trust airlines so going up the day before and staying at a motel in Wynnum, we are a group of 10 arriving at different times but plan to get a maxi taxi from the motel to port in the morning, have been told they are easy to find.

The other port is for smaller ships and easy to get to brisbane city on public transport.

You're right! Usually we don't trust airlines either, but one of the girls in the group is having her partner fly home from another country & they'll get to see each other for a couple of hours before we fly out.

We fly in at 9am so should be okay!

Thanks for your help!

1. 7 Kms

2. Easy to get a maxi taxi from airport

3. Portside Wharf at Hamilton. (Definitely departing from here, just checked schedule http://portsidewharf.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/20151223_Shipping-Schedule-for-website-Jan-to-June_RJ.pdf)

Mega thanks! You've helped ease my mind!

I had no idea you could look up cruise terminals like that!!!

one of the girls in the group is having her partner fly home from another country & they'll get to see each other for a couple of hours before we fly out.

Bear in mind the domestic and international terminals are about 2km apart.

Don't be surprised if the ship isn't at the wharf when you get there. Sometimes ships that are too long to turn around in the Brisbane River at Hamilton Wharf are docked at Fisherman's Wharf but boarding procedures and customs are still at Hamilton then you are bused to Fisherman's Wharf.

Hiya! Next Sunday, 6 of us young fillies, (okay, we are not quite Spring chickens... But I'm making us feel a bit younger), are going on Legend out of Brissy.

Does anyone know how far from the airport the terminal is, (by car) & if we could easily get a maxi taxi or should we just go for 2 taxis?

Also, would anyone happen to know what the port is called?

Thanks in anticipation! [emoji38]🤓

I just checked the official timetable and the Legend leaves from Portside (north side of Brisbane R) on Jan 10. Enjoy your cruise

Bear in mind the domestic and international terminals are about 2km apart.

Don't be surprised if the ship isn't at the wharf when you get there. Sometimes ships that are too long to turn around in the Brisbane River at Hamilton Wharf are docked at Fisherman's Wharf but boarding procedures and customs are still at Hamilton then you are bused to Fisherman's Wharf.

(Sorry to say), but it is not good to post information that doesn't apply to this cruise and could alarm the OP. :D

Legend docks at Portside and it is shown on the Brisbane Ports schedule as being docked at Portside.

Cruises that we have boarded at Fisherman's Island Wharf have done the check-in there, not at Portside. The same applies on our next cruise, although I have heard of the check in being done at Portside on other cruises.

Edited by Aus Traveller

• 4 weeks later...

We sail from Fisherman's island and have booked a motel at wynnum for the night prior to sailing.

Is anyone from Brisbane able to help me re maxi taxis. There are 10 in our group which in theory will fit in a maxi taxi as the website says up to 10 passengers. My query is will 8 average size suitcases fit in a maxi taxi along with the 10 passengers?

I have phoned and been told that there is room for luggage but the person I spoke to didnt make me feel too confident in his answer.

I have emailed and not received a reply which makes me even less confident.

I believe there are 2 companies that run maxi taxis in brisbane, black and white and yellow cabs. Is one better than the other?

thank you

We sail from Fisherman's island and have booked a motel at wynnum for the night prior to sailing.

Is anyone from Brisbane able to help me re maxi taxis. There are 10 in our group which in theory will fit in a maxi taxi as the website says up to 10 passengers. My query is will 8 average size suitcases fit in a maxi taxi along with the 10 passengers?

I have phoned and been told that there is room for luggage but the person I spoke to didnt make me feel too confident in his answer.

I have emailed and not received a reply which makes me even less confident.

I believe there are 2 companies that run maxi taxis in brisbane, black and white and yellow cabs. Is one better than the other?

thank you

I agree with Tara Jane's comment. 10 passengers would fit but not with anything more than hand luggage. I suggest that two maxi taxis would be better or one maxi plus a station wagon 'normal' taxi. We have fitted 7 plus luggage in a maxi taxi.

Black & White Taxis has more cabs on the road than Yellow, but I don't know which one has more maxis. Prices are set by government regulation so there wouldn't be any difference between them.

Edited by Aus Traveller