Home today from Grandeur

Hope you had a great time on your cruise. We are going on GOS March 20th. How was the shows? Any ports that were more fun than others? Any place (ship or land) that you said to yourself or others WOW! can't wait to do that again?

We were on the OOS Aug. last year and that was out 10th cruise. I enjoyed all.

Leo

Hope you had a great time on your cruise. We are going on GOS March 20th. How was the shows? Any ports that were more fun than others? Any place (ship or land) that you said to yourself or others WOW! can't wait to do that again?

We were on the OOS Aug. last year and that was out 10th cruise. I enjoyed all.

Leo

We had a WONDERFUL time on this ship. The service was better than we have ever experienced. The shows we all VERY good! Every time we sail we go to the shows :)

I would say that these shows were better than most. We had a ventriloquist, 2 comedians, 2 singing groups, a magician, and then of course the production shows.

About the ports.... To tell you the truth- this was our very first time sailing out of the United States. All our previous cruises were in Europe. I was not impressed with any ports but the one that did stand out the most was Labadee. It was the best, most relaxing beach day out of the 4 ports that we hit.

Do you recall if the Loyalty Ambassador was named Danney? I thought he had been assigned to Grandeur, but not sure.

Is the Loyalty Ambassador the officer who is at the C & A desk?

I am not sure what his name was but out of all the crew on the ship he is the only person that I felt was a bit rude and acted like we were wasting his time.

There is a Danny who is in charge of Next Cruise- he was FABULOUS!!! We spent a lot of time with him and booked 2 more cruises :)

I am not sure what his name was but out of all the crew on the ship he is the only person that I felt was a bit rude and acted like we were wasting his time.

There is a Danny who is in charge of Next Cruise- he was FABULOUS!!! We spent a lot of time with him and booked 2 more cruises :)

I've not kept up with where Danney might have gone when they split up the Next Cruise and Loyalty Ambassador. Sounds like he may have gone to the Next Cruise function. The Danney I was referring to is from the Philippines.

Edited by clarea

Someone asked about movies. So I would assume they show movies. Where do they show them?

Palladium theater:

Saving Mr. Banks

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation

Bridge of spies

Max

Jurasic World

Pool side under the stars:

Elf

Ricki and the Flash

Minions

Pixels

This is all I can remember- we don't go to the movies-sorry.

Edited by Jeff&Mel

I'll be boarding Grandeur in 10 days! Do you know if any of the specialty restaurants were open on boarding day for lunch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't thinks so.... But not 100% sure.

We went to the Winjdammer at 1115 the first day.

I've not kept up with where Danney might have gone when they split up the Next Cruise and Loyalty Ambassador. Sounds like he may have gone to the Next Cruise function. The Danney I was referring to is from the Philippines.

Yes, Danney was on the Grandeur when we were aboard the end of August.

I'll be boarding Grandeur in 10 days! Do you know if any of the specialty restaurants were open on boarding day for lunch?

We sailed the Christmas cruise and they were not. Lunch options on boarding day were Windjammer or the Cafe in the Solarium which opened about an hour after the WJ.

We had the same experience with the LA in December. Rude is a good description.

Danney was so nice. We had sailed with him before from Baltimore. He now lives in Glenn Burnie. MD

We sailed the Christmas cruise and they were not. Lunch options on boarding day were Windjammer or the Cafe in the Solarium which opened about an hour after the WJ.

Thank you! I had read on some ships that a few of the specialty restaurants were open on day 1. Was not too sure if they were open on Grandeur.

We are sailing on the Grandeur Oct 31. Did you happen to notice if there are any car rental offices at the Port?

Thank you.

There is no car rental desk at the port. The Port of Baltimore website suggests the following locations mostly at BWI airport or downtown Baltimore:

http://www.cruise.maryland.gov/content/car-rental-agencies

Thanks! What time did you get to port if you got to the Windjammer at 11:15?

We arrived at the port around 0930 we were on board by 1030.

Baltimore was a wonderfully efficient port to drive to and sail from!

We are sailing on the Grandeur Oct 31. Did you happen to notice if there are any car rental offices at the Port?

Thank you.

I did not see any. We drove our own vehicle to the port. It is the best port I have ever sailed out of. So EASY!

How was the weather? Were you able to swim at all. What did you wear most of the cruise?

What do they do for the sail away party when it is cold out?

We leave in February.

The weather was unusually warm fro December when we left.

The weather in the Caribbean was HOT! We swam everyday.

On the ship I wore shorts and capris by day and I always wear a dress for dinner

I am not sure about the sail away party... When we were leaving the port I was top side taking a lot of pictures :)

Everyday-except the last 2 (because of a storm) the decks were packed with people! And the pool was full :)