Home today from Grandeur

I've not kept up with where Danney might have gone when they split up the Next Cruise and Loyalty Ambassador. Sounds like he may have gone to the Next Cruise function. The Danney I was referring to is from the Philippines.
Danney from the Philippines is still on the Grandeur....:)

Heading to the Grandeur this weekend on a large family cruise. How cold can we expect those very first few days and then the return days heading back to Baltimore.

Questions: Were the swimming pools open and heated heading out of Baltimore? Did most folks stay inside during those first few days or was it at all warm enough to head out to the decks. How warm were the Caribbean waters...Any weather related ideas would be great to hear...

We did have dinner with the Captain one night. This was amazing.

Congrats on your dining with the captain invite! Do you remember who the captain was and if he mentioned when he was going home and who was replacing him? I have a blank spot on my Current Captains con't thread.

Heading to the Grandeur this weekend on a large family cruise. How cold can we expect those very first few days and then the return days heading back to Baltimore.

Questions: Were the swimming pools open and heated heading out of Baltimore? Did most folks stay inside during those first few days or was it at all warm enough to head out to the decks. How warm were the Caribbean waters...Any weather related ideas would be great to hear...

The sail away weather will be quite cool and the outside pool will be filled by I doubt you would want to swim in it. Baltimore is running in the mid 40's right now. Even Orlando is only in the low 60's. The crazy weather pattern has the entire east coast much cooler than normal.

The Grandeur does have the solarium pool which is enclosed and, more that likely, will be open during the first few days. If the weather is too cool, they sometimes open the Solarium pool up to everyone on the ship, not just adults. The outside pool is not heated to my knowledge. The Solarium pool stays warmer because it is enclosed.

You can, more that likely, plan on cool weather the first two days and the last two days of your cruise, leaving and coming back to Baltimore. Once you get into the Caribbean, the water will be warmer and you will be able to swim but probably not before this time of year. You will be able to enjoy the outside decks but you will need jackets and sweaters. Enjoy your cruise.

The sail away weather will be quite cool and the outside pool will be filled by I doubt you would want to swim in it. Baltimore is running in the mid 40's right now. Even Orlando is only in the low 60's. The crazy weather pattern has the entire east coast much cooler than normal.

The Grandeur does have the solarium pool which is enclosed and, more that likely, will be open during the first few days. If the weather is too cool, they sometimes open the Solarium pool up to everyone on the ship, not just adults. The outside pool is not heated to my knowledge. The Solarium pool stays warmer because it is enclosed.

You can, more that likely, plan on cool weather the first two days and the last two days of your cruise, leaving and coming back to Baltimore. Once you get into the Caribbean, the water will be warmer and you will be able to swim but probably not before this time of year. You will be able to enjoy the outside decks but you will need jackets and sweaters. Enjoy your cruise.

We are cruising out of Baltimore in April on Grandeur and I hope we have a heat wave and that it will be HOT HOT HOT! HAHA!

If not I will relax in the hot tubs the first two and last two days

We are cruising out of Baltimore in April on Grandeur and I hope we have a heat wave and that it will be HOT HOT HOT! HAHA!

If not I will relax in the hot tubs the first two and last two days

Let's not get too crazy with the heat for our sailing!!! Would be crazy hot in the Caribbean.

I sailed out of Bayonne in April of 14. Wasn't too chilly. Definitely in the pool on the second day!!!