Two weeks of luggage tag orders lost by Celebrity

chamima

We arrived home from our cruise yesterday to find our luggage tags waiting for us in the mail.

Really I don't mind the little bit that it takes to print them myself and use wide packing tape to ensure they can't get torn off, but it is exciting to see them come - if it is before the cruise. LOL We will try again for Alaska in May!

Edited by Jane2357

We cruise in February and still have not received our luggage tags either. We ordered them on the webiste a long time ago.It's a funny thung about their website. A few years ago when we began cruising on X, I couldn't get their website to work, so I called, and someone at X told me they were aware of the problems and were working to fix their webite. I wonder how many YEARS it takes to correct the problems on their website.:confused:

• 3 months later...

So...nowadays, if you order the luggage tags that come in the mail, are they made of plain paper or something more durable?

I'm 47 days out and was all set to order them, but I feel like it's a waste of postage and time if they're just going to be paper anyway. If that's the case, I might as well print them myself and put them in the clear holders from amazon.

The luggage tags are not plain paper. They are self sticking tags similar to what the airlines use. I ordered on line and with Captains Club since so many people were having problems. I ended up getting three sets of tags.

1st World problems :rolleyes:

God bless you; i mean first people realize that being in the captains club means nothing in real life, second print the tags yourself and be done with it; im pretty sure celebrity will stop sending tags at one point it is a waste of money the paper works just fine.

1st World problems :rolleyes:

I totally agree... and I almost didn't post my question for that reason! :p

But I've never had plain paper tags before and I was worried they would rip off and our luggage would arrive very late as a result. I am also being cheap and don't want to spend the $9 on plastic tag holders if it's not really necessary. I'd rather spend that on a fancy drink on the ship! :D

Trouble with paper tags is that they tear so need to be put on just before you board.

So get the porters to do them for you.:D

I have printed some off. Just realised I need sticky tape with me or a stapler. That should be interesting going through the scanner after Corkscrew Gate:rolleyes:

Just print them at home and when you arrive at the cruise,the porters with attach them with a stapler. I also include a piece of paper with my name and ship name and room number inside my luggage in case it becomes misplaced. Much ado about nothing,I repeat.

Just print them at home and when you arrive at the cruise,the porters with attach them with a stapler. I also include a piece of paper with my name and ship name and room number inside my luggage in case it becomes misplaced. Much ado about nothing,I repeat.

Good idea about putting your name & info inside your luggage -- not a bad idea for any trip! My mom always taught me to put a copy of the destination address inside any package I was mailing, in case something happened to the outside of the box. Same concept!

I ordered my luggage tags on April 30th and received them on May 5th, so not sure why others had a problem. Maybe it was for orders before then?

On another note, can the luggage tags they send you in the mail get any skinnier? Gee whiz. I thought they were bad enough now they have made them even smaller.

Edited by CruisingChick