Escape Dining Reservations

CruiserRob

We are tentatively sailing on the Escape next January and probably not eating in any of the MDRs. Obviously there will be first hand experience reports on the boards about which venues do not allow shorts. The specialty restaurants on Celebrity as well as the steakhouses on RCI and Carnival do not allow shorts. I assumed that NCL had the same policy.

Much more lax than any of the other competitor lines. You will only need pants for Le Bistro per NCL policies.

I just check a Freestyle Daily on the Escape. Dress Code info is at the bottom of the photo.

12417658_1138854819459128_152358658422384342_n.jpg?oh=cb2c62025dc381e5b69dc5ecb1a8d604&oe=5741BD7A

Thank you for posting that. I thought there was another specialty but wasn't sure. And it appears all MDR's are fair game now too. Appreciate the information.

Thank you for posting that. I thought there was another specialty but wasn't sure. And it appears all MDR's are fair game now too. Appreciate the information.

Welcome. I had to check the Freestyle Daily because we did not visit Bayamo so we did not have any first hand information.

Don't know if our cruise isn't full or what but we leave Jan 30th and I just looked and there were a ton of reservations for all restaurants available...maybe not each night but plenty of available times and dates. Even the elusive 5:30-8:00 time slot! I'm wondering if they opened up more slots. :rolleyes:

When we were on the Getaway we were able to book any restaurant at anytime once we got on the ship. We were also able to get a table in free dining rooms just by walking up with very little wait.
This thread is specifically about the problems getting reservations on the Escape, so whatever happened to previous cruisers on any of the other ships would have no bearing on things. Many of the people that are cruising on the Escape were able to pick two perks and many chose the beverage package and the dining package. Combined with those that had previously booked the UDP, there are a high percentage of cruisers with 7 specialty dinners and an even higher percentage with 4 specialty dinners, making it difficult to obtain prime time availability and sometimes even availability at all as has been reported on the boards. YMMV depending upon which Escape sailing you're on, but it's a safe bet to try to get things reserved ahead of time so that you're not disappointed. Edited by SNJCruisers

SNJCRUISERS - I called NCL and was told that 70% of the dinning reservations will be available when you get on the ship just like the Getaway I went on. I was just trying to relieve their mind so they can relax and enjoy planning for their cruise !

This whole thing amazes me. NCL's claims to be different by having anytime dinning. What a joke. Anytime means anytime between 5:00 and 5:30 or 9:30 and 10:00. Nowhere in between unless you make a reservation 90 days out. Not 89 days out, because they will be gone by then. Sure, everyone will say 'just make reservations as soon as you get on the ship". Isn't everyone else doing that too? So, now you in the same boat with everyone else again. I am really trying to go into this cruise with an open mind, but so far this has been the most stressful cruise I have ever taken. Now I have to worry about the shows being cancelled, which I have never heard of before except for bad weather during the diving show on the Oasis and Allure. I really hope I am wrong about this cruise. I promise that I will admit it if I am wrong and let everyone else who feels the same way know.

This will be our first ever cruise and we are fast getting disillusioned with all the stress of booking restaurants and shows! None of this pre booking is mentioned prior to booking the actual cruise. Feels a tad like mis advertising when it is described as 'Freestyle' dining for passengers to enjoy the freedom to eat when and where they like!

SNJCRUISERS - I called NCL and was told that 70% of the dinning reservations will be available when you get on the ship just like the Getaway I went on. I was just trying to relieve their mind so they can relax and enjoy planning for their cruise !
As with most CSR's with any cruise line, I would take whatever they say with a major grain of salt. Call back 5 minutes later and talk to another one and you'll get a different answer. I'll take the advice of experienced posters on CC to be more close to the truth than the sometimes misguided answers that customer service reps spew over the phone. If it were true that 70% of reservations were available on day 1, then why would multiple cruisers post otherwise on the boards? Because of the combination of the UDP and multiple perk cruisers who chose the SDP, a higher percentage of cruisers on the Escape have specialty dining packages and thus reservations are harder to obtain beforehand.

There is a difference between looking through rose colored glasses and taking everything that a CSR states as fact compared to actual reality.

Edited by SNJCruisers