do you pay the dsc on the 3rd/4th pax when you didn't have to pay for their fare?

bfamily4

We are cruising next month on the getaway. we booked last year during the 3-8 pax free as well as other "free" promotions. We chose the prepaid service charges since we (parents) don't drink that much. I called ncl to prepay the kids' dsc and was told that I didn't have to, it didn't show up on their system. I then emailed ncl to get a copy of the amenity invoice and it has dh and I listed as having the dsc prepaid. my question is, so what happened to the kids dsc? do I not have to pay for it b/c they were free to begin with? just trying to prepay everything before we board since we booked in cdn funds. if i have to pay onboard, the dsc for 2 kids is much higher in us funds.

We are cruising next month on the getaway. we booked last year during the 3-8 pax free as well as other "free" promotions. We chose the prepaid service charges since we (parents) don't drink that much. I called ncl to prepay the kids' dsc and was told that I didn't have to, it didn't show up on their system. I then emailed ncl to get a copy of the amenity invoice and it has dh and I listed as having the dsc prepaid. my question is, so what happened to the kids dsc? do I not have to pay for it b/c they were free to begin with? just trying to prepay everything before we board since we booked in cdn funds. if i have to pay onboard, the dsc for 2 kids is much higher in us funds.

Yes, if you don't call your PCC and pre pay your kids DSC it will be added onto your room daily.

Harriet

Maybe it's the age of the kids, I have always had to pay DSC even on free passengers

Maybe it's the age of the kids, I have always had to pay DSC even on free passengers

they're 5 and 6. I just thought it was strange the he told me i theirs was already prepaid. i told him that I didn't prepay it yet. he said it's not showing on their system that it needs to be paid.

The free gratuities perk is only for passengers 1 and 2. The remaining guests in the stateroom (over the age of 3) will still be charged the DSC.

People have reported problems with pre-paying the DSC for the other guests when the first two have the free DSC perk. This may be an issue if you booked more than 6 months ago, because the remaining guests may be eligible for a lower rate ($12 or $12.95, depending on your booking date). If that is the case, you should call and get them to let you pre-pay. Otherwise, a charge of $13.50 will appear every day during your cruise for each of your kids.

Age of the kids doesn't matter - they pay the full DSC even if they are "free".

I'd suggest calling back and trying again because it's a virtual certainty they will show up on your bill.

happy cruising

csm

If all else fails, buy yourself some OBC using the CDN rate and use it to pay your kids' DSC on board. Then request a partial refund after the cruise, explaining to them that you were unable to pre-pay at the lower rate and you would like them to pay you back the difference. Others have had success with this.

Only if they are over 3. 3 and under dont get DSC.

6&8