Difference Between M6 and BA on the Getaway

Rob0519

Hi, We were in M6 Mini Suiteson the Escape last November. It's listed as 237 sq.ft, small balcony, but the bathroom was a good size and included a bath tub.

We asked our Travel Agent to book us adjoining M6 staterooms on the Getaway for September 2016 to try a different ship. This morning I get a notice from NCL that he booked adjoining BA staterooms.

I would appreciate input from anyone who has been in a BA category stateroom before I decide just how big a difference there is from the M6. It's listed as 207 sq.ft. I cannot imagine putting 3 adults into a space smaller than the M6.

Obviously this is not what I requested and I need to take that up with the TA.

Any idea what my options are at this point for getting this corrected or changed other than canceling and starting over?

Thanks for any information.

I'm a bit confused.

You say you were in a M6 on the Escape and it had a small balcony. The balconies on the M6's are huge.

There is actually not that much difference between balcony and mini suite rooms on the newer ships. The difference is mainly in the bathroom, which is quite a bit smaller in the balcony rooms. Unless more than one person will be in the bathroom at the same time, I don't think the size of the room itself will make a massive difference.

Huge is relative I guess. Our balconies were listed as 32 square feet. 2 chairs and a small table. Adequate, but smaller than we've had on other ships. Maybe it was an M# (something else), not an M6. We have an ambulatory, but disabled adult in our party. The lager bathroom was a big help for him. Thanks for the reply.

Most of the extra square footage in the minis is the bathroom. The room itself might give you a tiny bit more than the BA, but it's really not even noticeable. Just read a review that other day where the poster said if she had know the living space was going to be the same size as a regular balcony room, she wouldn't have paid the extra money. I also sail in suites, and I find the balcony room very adequate.

Most of the extra square footage in the minis is the bathroom. The room itself might give you a tiny bit more than the BA, but it's really not even noticeable. Just read a review that other day where the poster said if she had know the living space was going to be the same size as a regular balcony room, she wouldn't have paid the extra money. I also sail in suites, and I find the balcony room very adequate.

Thanks for the reply. I figured it had to be in the bathroom and maybe a few feet somewhere else. The other thing is deck location. The Minis are on 8 and 9. The BA we have is on 13.

Thanks for the reply. I figured it had to be in the bathroom and maybe a few feet somewhere else. The other thing is deck location. The Minis are on 8 and 9. The BA we have is on 13.

An M6 is a deck 8 mini suite on the Getaway. It is one of the few with the huge balcony. As mentioned, the bathrooms are much bigger also...with the fancy shower heads. See link.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/media/Getaway%20Shower%20Mini%20Etc/DSCN7669_zpsls95a3yj.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

We have an M6 booked for our getaway cruise in March. The bathroom is bigger, the balcony is bigger, and in our opinion we get a much better deck and position on the ship for my wife who gets a little sea sick (lower deck, mid ship)

Enjoy your trip :)

We have an M6 booked ... in our opinion we get a much better deck and position on the ship for my wife who gets a little sea sick (lower deck, mid ship)

M6s definitely are not located at mid ship but very forward which is the place that many say is the worst location for up-and-down movement.

You might want to double check the deck plans for the exact location of your cabin.

Edited by Demonyte

M6s definitely are not located at mid ship but very forward which is the place that many say is the worst location for up-and-down movement.

You might want to double check the deck plans for the exact location of your cabin.

Yep.

I was in a B6 on the Escape, which are one deck up from the M6's. It was only slightly away from being under the bridge.

When the sea was a bit rough we were moving up and down a lot, to the extent that when laying in bed there was quite a feeling of weightlessness as we dropped.

I ended up going to o'Sheehans when I got fed up with it.

Huge is relative I guess. Our balconies were listed as 32 square feet. 2 chairs and a small table. Adequate, but smaller than we've had on other ships. Maybe it was an M# (something else), not an M6. We have an ambulatory, but disabled adult in our party. The lager bathroom was a big help for him. Thanks for the reply.

Check into getting a disabled room. If the disabled rooms are anything like they are on the GEM, they're almost 2 times larger than a room in the same category. My folks and I are sailing on the GEM Jan 22; we both have balconies; only difference their room is a disabled room, it's almost twice the size and double the balcony for the same price as my balcony room.

Check into getting a disabled room. If the disabled rooms are anything like they are on the GEM, they're almost 2 times larger than a room in the same category. My folks and I are sailing on the GEM Jan 22; we both have balconies; only difference their room is a disabled room, it's almost twice the size and double the balcony for the same price as my balcony room.

Thanks. Do you know if these rooms sleep 3? I didn't see a pullout in the only video I could find. Additionally, do you need to provide any type of documentation to qualify for these rooms?

Thanks. Do you know if these rooms sleep 3? I didn't see a pullout in the only video I could find. Additionally, do you need to provide any type of documentation to qualify for these rooms?

I totally got mixed up. We are in a mid ship mini suite

The disabled room for my folks on the GEM does sleep 4. 2 twins/Queen, a pull-down and a sofa bed. There was NO documentation needed for the room, I only called my TA with a medical issue because my father recently came out of the hospital and will need a scooter for our cruise. IT was the TA who suggested and obtained this room for them. They were originally in a OV. FYI, we did book direct with NCL. To see the room, search GEM room 9148 there's a video of the disabled balcony room and you can see for yourself.