NY to Barcelona-CRUISE--Venice to NY

turbo321

So I have a cruise booked for April on the NCL Spirit, it leaves from Barcelona and ends in Venice. I am looking to find the best way to book flights economically. Should I try to get a round trip to Barcelona and then just add a flight back to Barcelona from Venice or should I try to book one ways? Or is there another option? Could really use some help from past Europe travelers.

We did a Barcelona to Venice cruise and flew to BCN a day prior to embarkation and took the train from Venice to Milan for the flight home. We overnighted near Malpensa.

We did take a late train from VCE to MXP and used the held luggage facility at the train station in Venice. It made another great day in Venice even better. FYI the ship overnighted in Venice.

Should I try to get a round trip to Barcelona and then just add a flight back to Barcelona from Venice or should I try to book one ways? Or is there another option? Could really use some help from past Europe travelers.

There's probably no reason to do that. It will likely be more expensive in the long run and will add more time and hassle to your travels.

Any airline website will have a multi-city search feature so you can search for flights into BCN and out of VCE on the same ticket. You can also try searching for two separate one way tickets. You never know how anything is going to price out so try various options. Many find flights from VCE to be pricey regardless of whether they are part of a round trip, multi city or just a one way. The train system in Italy is extensive so an alternative would be to take the train to Rome or Milan and fly home from there if the flight savings would be significant.