On Breakaway now, ask your questions

ncklhaus

We have 8 mini suite rooms all next to each other. Can you tell me if the balcony dividers open up between each balcony? Also, did you see the rock of ages show? If so, was there bad language? And lastly, are kids allowed at the white party? Thank you!

One thing I loved about cruising was that it was connection free, meaning that no cell phones, computers etc. I loved that it was just face to face time and spending time with each other.

Do you notice a lot more people with their faces buried in their phones, ipads etc since the wifi package? I hope this isn't the case :(

We have 8 mini suite rooms all next to each other. Can you tell me if the balcony dividers open up between each balcony? Also, did you see the rock of ages show? If so, was there bad language? And lastly, are kids allowed at the white party? Thank you!

That is going to be great! I know that they CAN open the dividers, but the million dollar question is WILL they? I think it depends on the room steward, destination, and weather.

We saw Rock of Ages on our last cruise and yes, there is bad language.

And YES!!! kids are allowed at the white party. It is called the GLOW party now.

One thing I loved about cruising was that it was connection free, meaning that no cell phones, computers etc. I loved that it was just face to face time and spending time with each other.

Do you notice a lot more people with their faces buried in their phones, ipads etc since the wifi package? I hope this isn't the case :(

Honestly I didn't see that much more than on prior cruises.

Wow..I am wondering if the cabin phone went up? Because I used the cabin phone and it was 1.99 per min. which I thought was cheap since my cell phone charge was 2.49 per minute..

David.............:)

JoAnn, are there still issues with the iconcierge app and being able to phone off the ship with it at a discounted rate? In December on the Breakaway that part of the app wasn't working, so was useless for us. Internet manager said it was an issue and wasn't working for anyone, and we were able to get the $7.95 app fee back. We'll be back on board on the 17th and need phone use daily and hated paying the $4.99 per minute for the cabin phone.

20160110_150034_zpsnknv0gjk.jpg

Thank you for answering all these questions when you're supposed to be vacationing!

I forget if you're traveling with kids or not but I'll be going on the Breakaway with a 10/11 yr old and I'm wondering if the Splash Academy is too babyish for him.

He really likes sports so I'm sure he'll enjoy the basketball court, ropes course, rock climbing wall, mini golf ect. but I wonder if the Splash Academy will be entertaining for him.

S

Due to his age I think he's in the Dolphin group.

Any light you can shed on what the kids of that age do would be appreciated.

Edited by Sprasa03

• 2 weeks later...
Do the blonde lady and white guy with long Weird Al-esque hair still do Howl at the Moon? What are their names? They blew me away in December. Incredible show they put on.

Lori and Neil left the BA after the New Year's cruise. Lori was actually retiring - had an amazing last night performance on 1/2. Not sure who is doing Howl at the Moon now.

We will be traveling in March. We have 3 adults and 3 kids staying in the 2 Room Family Villa (Haven) on deck 15.

We are wondering your thoughts on deck 15 vs 16? If you did it again, would you have preferred to be on deck 16 and closer to The Haven ammenities?

Thanks....and great review!!

We will be traveling in March. We have 3 adults and 3 kids staying in the 2 Room Family Villa (Haven) on deck 15.

We are wondering your thoughts on deck 15 vs 16? If you did it again, would you have preferred to be on deck 16 and closer to The Haven ammenities?

You are going to be located right within The Haven. We were past December and LOVED it ... Can't wait for our return trip this December !! Enjoy

is the breakaway good for all ages? looking for a cruise to please 60 year olds, 40 years olds and teens.

We were on in December - 2 40s and 1 16yo .... We had a blast !!! So much to do. We are returning this December and bringing my mother and stepfather who are both in 60s .

Hi Hardofsmelling: we will also be staying on Deck 15 in a 2 Room Family suite. Our sailing is not until April. Would you mind sharing your thoughts about the cabin after your cruise? We will have 6 people in the cabin and I have a feeling its going to be tight. :)

Thank you for answering all these questions when you're supposed to be vacationing!

I forget if you're traveling with kids or not but I'll be going on the Breakaway with a 10/11 yr old and I'm wondering if the Splash Academy is too babyish for him.

He really likes sports so I'm sure he'll enjoy the basketball court, ropes course, rock climbing wall, mini golf ect. but I wonder if the Splash Academy will be entertaining for him.

S

Due to his age I think he's in the Dolphin group.

Any light you can shed on what the kids of that age do would be appreciated.

If you haven't seen it already, I have a review in progress (the link is below my signature). I have all of the info on the Splash Academy in there. They revamped the programming and it has a lot of sport activities.

Hi Hardofsmelling: we will also be staying on Deck 15 in a 2 Room Family suite. Our sailing is not until April. Would you mind sharing your thoughts about the cabin after your cruise? We will have 6 people in the cabin and I have a feeling its going to be tight. :)

Which room will you be in? I have pictures of 15104 in my review(in progress) below my signature.

Curious about the height and width? Thinking I might want to bring collapsable containers to store socks, underwear, etc.

I brought them on our cruise in 2014 when we stayed in a mini suite. They worked great. I recommend them highly. I don't know for sure of the measurements, but I can dig them out and check.

Were you able to get a hold of the Teen Entourage schedule for Bermuda?

I asked them if they had one, but they did not. They only print them for the specific sailing. I did pick up the Entourage schedule for the cruise I was on, and they said that there would be activities from our schedule on the Bermuda cruise. I have it posted in my review that I am working on (link below my signature)

Thank you! I just checked back into this thread tonight. I thought I was subscribed but for some reason I'm not. Honestly, I was very happy being on deck 15. We were just downstairs from the Haven restaurant, lounge, and pool, and just down the hall from the main pool deck.

Which room will you be in? I have pictures of 15104 in my review(in progress) below my signature.

Ncklhaus: Awesome! That is the cabin we will be in! I can't wait to read your review and see the pics.

We have 6 of us staying in the cabin: me, DW, and 4 "kids" ages 23-16. What do you think... be a bit tight?

Yay. We will be in that room in June. Going to look for your review now.

Wndmom: We will be sure to post our pics too and will do our best to keep the cabin pristine for you!