On Breakaway now, ask your questions

ncklhaus

Are they doing laundry promotion of 20$ laundry per bag? If so when do they do it?

Thanks allot for taking the time to answer our questions !

They did it twice so far. Yesterday and you get it back Thursday. One last week. I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday but it was too soon.

We are taking our family on the Breakaway to Bermuda. Our children are in their 40's, grandchildren ages range from 3-20 years old. Will there be enough for all of them to do? Do they have activities planned for evenings for the older grandchildren?

We have heard that you can bring on wine when you board for the cruise (1 bottle per stateroom), but they charge you a fee of $30 even if you don't take the bottle to the dining room. Is this true?

I saw a large selection of tea bags in the garden cafe and also in O'Sheehan's. Only the regular and decaf Lipton was there, but there were a large assortment of other flavors of another brand which I am not remembering at the moment.

WOO HOOO Thank you so much, I owe ya a drink!

We are taking our family on the Breakaway to Bermuda. Our children are in their 40's, grandchildren ages range from 3-20 years old. Will there be enough for all of them to do? Do they have activities planned for evenings for the older grandchildren?

We have heard that you can bring on wine when you board for the cruise (1 bottle per stateroom), but they charge you a fee of $30 even if you don't take the bottle to the dining room. Is this true?

No limit to the number of bottles you can bring on the ship, but you do pay the fee no matter where you consume the wine.

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Does the Cafe at the Atrium on deck Six have FREE snacks like cake & cookies ?? .. or do they charge for them ?? ==============================================

I like sailing on the Gem the Atrium bar has free snacks ! Muffins in the AM, cookies & cake for noon till they are gone !!

Still wondering if they have updated the Haven lunch and dinner menu similar to the one currently on the Escape. Thanks again.

ImageUploadedByForums1452723869.508354.jpg.6169935e289c538f417233c87163555f.jpg

Lunch

Dinner is beef filet, salmon, duck, mushroom ravioli and one special usually the chef's specialty from the main dining room

What's the lowest minimum for craps, blackjack, and roulette? Is there $5 or $6 blackjack? If $5, is it 3:2 for a natural?

Craps is $5, roulette is $10, and black jack is $6. But they said it can change cruise to cruise.

Hi JoAnn. Looks like you started a roll call for the April BA sailing. We will be on the this one as well!

Question: Did this sailing offer a Chef's Table? And from another post, it appears that the Haven dinner menu has not changed (? The photo was a little small but it didn't look like it offered what was on the Escape's Haven menu, i.e. things like lobster, surf and turf, prime rib and sea bass.)

Thanks much. Hopefully will run into you in April!

RK

I see that there are shelves in the closet. Can you tell me the distance from each shelf? I have cubes(for underwear or whatever) that fold up that I used on Celebrity and would like to us on Breakaway in April if there is enough space. A good guess would do.

Thank you.

May I have your opinion of LaCucina. I have read so many negatives. Italian would seem a good choice for a family of 11 which includes children but don't want to waste one of our 3 specialty dinners. Thanks for answering everyone's questions. Most interesting.

Thanks so much for posting all the information.

I will be on this cruise on Jan 31st.

Can you tell me, did you dock or tender in Tortola?

Lois

Dock.

I had heard we were going to tender but I asked one of the crew and they said that tendering is very hard for this ship and they only do it for their out island. Too many people. They wouldn't go to Tortola if they had to tender. They would choose a different port.