How do you spend yours

JollyMia

Hello, my wife and I are doing a Caribbean cruise out of Port Canavaral then flying back to Manchester (UK).We expect to be off the ship about 9am but do not fly back from Orlando International till about 7pm,what is the best way to fill our time.

Thank you for any help/advice

You could go over the Cape Canaveral and see the US's space programs. But ask how to get to Orlando from here after your tour. Google this.

And most ships offer tours for the day you get back for those who have later flights. They often would end at the airport but Orlando is about 60 miles from the port.

You could also go back to Orlando and go to Disney World, Sea World or other fun places.

I suggest you go to your Roll Call here and find out what others may be doing for later flights.

Edited by Bonnie J.

It is very likely that your cruise line will offer a debark tour where your luggage is stored in the hold of the coach for the duration of the tour.

Once the tour is done, you will be dropped off at the airport.

I've done this several times.

Much, much more relaxing and easier than hiring cars and driving on the 'wrong' side of the road for the day :D

I would get a day room somewhere, so I'd have a place "to be", for both me and my bags! Restaurants, pool, tv, bathroom....that's a long time "to kill"..and even a post cruise excursion will leave you cooling your heels for about 5+ hours....

JMO -- but I would take one of the ship's where you are dropped off at the end of the excursion. Nearly every cruise line has 1 or 2 tours to choose from.

By the time your tour ends, you check in at the airport, go through security, there won't be a lot of time left before your flight. Eat at one of the airport restaurants.

If you are off of the ship at nine then you go and get your luggage and go through the customs/immigration so say your ready to go by 10. I would think that you would want to aim to be at the airport for 4 so you have a bit of a buffer for your international flight. Since you are a good hour from the Orlando Airport you really only have about 5 hours of extra time.

You could rent a car and do Cape Canaveral but that's probably the only place that I might consider leaving my luggage in a parked car. I would do it or another excursion through the ship and not have to worry about driving on the opposite side of the road ect.. To paraphrase: take a ships excursion that drops you off at the airport :)

I second renting a car and going to the Cape Canaveral Space Center for the day and returning the car at the airport.

The car rental shuttles are waiting when you get off the ship to bring you their locations which are only 5 min. away. The space center is only another 15 min. drive. If you look online you can get information about the activities available there. Book your vehicle ahead of time to ensure availability.

Have a great cruise