Royal Replenish Drink Package Questions

Sailed Anthem over Christmas week and I can tell you that non alcoholic frozen strawberry daiquiris were around $7.00.

And soda has increased to $4.13 with the 18% grat added on. So if you're going to have 2 sodas per day, and you're okay with fountain, then the soda package makes sense.

We also saw the price of the fresh squeezed OJ rise from around $4.50 to over $6 before we got into port in PC. No idea why, but with the rising price mid cruise, it made that package a better value too.

For example on some ships, Cafe Promenade serves Starbucks coffee. These are your premium coffees and teas. You can also get cappuccino etc in the main dining room, these are also classified as premium coffees.

The standalone Starbucks on the Oasis class ships are not included in the package.

Thank you, I typically do not drink cappuccino just like a good cup of coffee with desert at dinner and of course in the morning. I like fresh squeezed OJ but it doesn't like me anymore;)

Edited by JaniceB

Is it different if you prepay? For the soda only package, it's embossed if you pre-purchase, and a sticker if you purchase on board.

Is the sticker for the Replenish package different from a soda-only sticker?

Sticker for Replenish no matter how you pay.

So is there a sticker or other indication of the package on your seapass? Or do they have to scan it to check?

Sticker AND they scan it, in my experience.

whether or not you prepay for replenish, it's a sticker on your card, not embossed on it. i think it's the same for the alcoholic packages, too. i think only the "coca cola" logo gets embossed on the cards for people who prepay for the soda package; any other package gets the sticker, no matter when you pay.

the sticker for the replenish package is a little square that says "RR" for royal replenish. i have no idea what the sticker for the soda-only refreshment package looks like.

Yep and yep.

And even if you buy the soda package onboard, I feel like they COULD reprint the card on stock with the Coke embossing.

They printed our cards on stock with the Coke embossing, and put a Replenish sticker on it. First bartender we saw freaked out about it, thinking we had double paid. Made us go to Guest Services, where they reprinted on a plain (no embossing) card and put a new sticker on. You'd think they could do it the other way for a purchased-on-board soda package.

Thanks for all this great information. I know it includes nonalcoholic cocktails. Any chance that it includes nonalcoholic beer?

No it does not.

Thank you, I typically do not drink cappuccino just like a good cup of coffee with desert at dinner and of course in the morning. I like fresh squeezed OJ but it doesn't like me anymore;)

If you just drink plain coffee and no OJ, then the premium coffee (which means espresso-based drinks) and the OJ parts of Replenish won't be of value to you.

So then you're looking at the still and sparkling waters and the virgin cocktails.

Unless you like an Americano, which is, in case you're unfamiliar with it, espresso put into very hot water. Makes something similar to black brewed coffee, but it's a little different.

• 1 month later...
If you receive a soda package from your TA can you pay the difference to upgrade to the Royal replenish pkg??

Talked with my TA this week (a large warehouse) and they called RC and confirmed that if we brought our coupon for the soda package to guest services it would essentially be $ off our purchase of any other beverage package.

Edited by PRINCSfire
Typo

Had this package on our last cruise on the Oasis. Know in advance that NO CANNED SODA is included. If you want soda, you have to carry around that monster cup and look for a refill machine, or take hose soda in a bar glass. The cup is waiting for you in your stateroom if you preorder the drink package. It gets tedious to carry around if that is your drink of choice. Although Perrier is included, know that these are the tiny bottles....7 ounces...and it's difficult if not impossible to get more than one at a time.

Will be back on the Oasis in July. Skipping a drink package this time around. I'll add it all up but am confident that I'd rather get a canned soda when I want one and a full sized bottle of whatever water I want and still come out ahead.

With that being said, it's probably a good idea if you have a minor with you. The kids love the machine and you could go broke keeping them in canned soda.

If you purchase the Royal Replenish, and I order a Virgin Pina Colada, can I order a side shot of Myers Dark rum and pay for the cost of the shot?

Is this even cost effective, or should I just order the Pina with alcohol to begin with?

I've read it both ways, so it may depend on your bartender. Someone posted that they were charged the full price of the Pina Colada, others said the shot cost $5.

After the advice I'd picked up on these boards, I had the royal replenish on our explorer cruise last summer. It was the first time we'd bought drinks packages. We really enjoyed it and made the most of it. In 40 degree heat in the med the frozen virgin cocktails were lush!

I started my day with the o.j, picked up a few bottles of water over the course of the day to save for the gym and ports of call, 2 or 3 drinks during the day, 2 with dinner and maybe one afterwards. Finished off with a Starbucks hot chocolate for our late night stroll and back to the cabin.

It was definitely worth the cost and I would have it again.

Last cruise our kids had the Replenish package and it was great. I was telling someone else about it, but when you go to the "compare packages" downloadable pdf, it doesn't say that non-alcoholic cocktails are included. I can't remember if it did before or not. We'll be on the Adventure if it matters.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Cheryl

Last cruise our kids had the Replenish package and it was great. I was telling someone else about it, but when you go to the "compare packages" downloadable pdf, it doesn't say that non-alcoholic cocktails are included. I can't remember if it did before or not. We'll be on the Adventure if it matters.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Cheryl

The Replenish package did include non-alcoholic cocktails before, and from all the reports we see here, it still does.

I cannot explain why the PDF file no longer lists non-alcoholic cocktails. The PDF also no longer lists the package limits for cocktails.

I don't know if these omissions are simple clerical errors, of if Royal has plans to change the packages without much notice.

Edited by clarea

Thanks, Bob... I couldn't remember if the description had it before or not and didn't want to steer them wrong. Maybe I'll just tell them that they should wait and purchase on board to make sure it includes them if that's a necessity.

If they change the packages between now and sailing, it's not like they'd have a "grandfathered" package because they bought it before. (Could you IMAGINE how that would work!??!?!)

Cheryl

Also is it required to be purchased by everybody in the cabin or can be individual

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just want to let you know that drinks in the fridge are not part of the any drink package.

Talked with my TA this week (a large warehouse) and they called RC and confirmed that if we brought our coupon for the soda package to guest services it would essentially be $ off our purchase of any other beverage package.

I'm hoping it's the same "large warehouse" that I bought my cruise from as I also received the soda package for free. I don't drink soda at all but definitely drink my fair-share of coffee.

Cheryl

I was concerned about this, too. I just got off anthem two days ago and it included them. I did have repeated problems getting a virgin mudslide, and was told time and time again "no". Only when I escalated to the bar supervisors did I have success. (the problem was getting them to make it, not whether it was included)

• 1 month later...