Documents foe boarding NCL Gem

Olstick

My wife and I are on a 10day cruise on the Gem. Her Passport expires on april 16 2016. We are leaving this Feb on the 21st 2016 and will be returning on March 2 2016. We are planning to bring our passports (mine expires next Dec 2016) and our drivers license. I jjust want to make sure that everything will be allright when we embark. Any information would be helpful Thank you

My wife and I are on a 10day cruise on the Gem. Her Passport expires on april 16 2016. We are leaving this Feb on the 21st 2016 and will be returning on March 2 2016. We are planning to bring our passports (mine expires next Dec 2016) and our drivers license. I jjust want to make sure that everything will be allright when we embark. Any information would be helpful Thank you

We will be on the cruise too.There should not be a problem.You can call NCL and discuss it with them to set your mind at ease.

Lenny

Cruise lines may refuse use of a passport that is within 3 months of it's expiration date. You might want to bring your official government issued birth certificate as a back-up.

Under what authority may they do that? They will either do it for all or do it for none (which would be clearly laid out on the website) and no port on that itinerary requires US passports to be valid past the visit for cruise ship passengers. (And the passport is valid for re-entry into the US up until the day it expires.) Such a rule would be silly considering that one doesn't need the passport for the cruise in question to begin with.