Type of crowd???

goodfella398

The one time I sailed out of Tampa there were dozens of those mini buses from retirement centers, dropping off residents. Hopefully, that was a one off.

Otherwise you guys will be getting lots of numbers from grandma's wanting to find a catch for their single granddaughters.

Edited by ohiogymrat

While I am 57, don't knock many of those in their 70s (hopefully you'll be that age someday!!)

I have friends in their 70s, one of whom is my airplane partner, and he can still fly the wings off of younger pilots!

Seriously, don't be an age snob as you do not yet have enough life experience yet. My girlfriend, age 66, would call you a "kid".

Embrace life along with those older and more experienced than you are.

I'm going on Paradise out of Tampa in a few days for a bachelor party. We have 11 guys in our early 30's. What kind of crowd can we expect? Hopefully it's not full of people in their 70's because it's January. Lol

Hopefully, it's a shorter cruise over a WEEKEND which always tends to attract a younger crowd!

Whatever, Have Fun! :D

LuLu

You really didn't book a cruise for a bachelor party thinking it was going to be full of young single girls, did you? Or are you just wanting younger people to hang out with? If the former, not sure it was a wise decision. If the latter, probably be all kinds of ages.

Hahahaha thanks guys... I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I'm looking forward to mingle with everyone from 18-80.

I don't think you sounded jerky at all. Everyone is a pleasure but it can be fun to be around people in your age bracket, common interests and what have you.

Tampa is my favorite port to sail from, as its an easy 20 minute drive for me.

I don't think you'll have any problem finding people your own age on the Paradise.

Even though the Tampa Bay area has had the reputation of being the home of "the newly wed, and the nearly dead" forever, over the last couple of decades this stereotype has become increasingly false. Additionally, Tampa is a popular fly-in port due to airfares into and out of Tampa often being lower than other port city airports in Florida. So you'll probably find far more people from other places; than locals on your cruise.

You'll find a WIDE cross section of society on the Paradise. Everything from tee-totaling families with infants in tow, to wild and crazy partiers. Ages range from toddlers to centenarians with everything in between and they're all there to have fun.

As a side note: On the Inspiration; when she sailed from Tampa, we even had a group of Amish and Mennonite families sailing with us. :D (For what it's worth they were a blast!)

As a side note: On the Inspiration; when she sailed from Tampa, we even had a group of Amish and Mennonite families sailing with us. :D (For what it's worth they were a blast!)

Wow, that's really cool, I want to hear more about that! Did they abstain from using electricity/modern technology during the cruise? How would they even have booked it? Or were they kids on rumspringa? (Sorry if these questions are naive, I know different sects have different allowances. Just curious about the culture).

If it is a 3 or 4 day you should be set, those in my experience are full of younger folks. 6-7 days or longer tend to be older folks and families. I didn't think you were being an age snob at all..It makes sense that going for a bachelor party you would want a younger crowd.

I'm going on Paradise out of Tampa in a few days for a bachelor party. We have 11 guys in our early 30's. What kind of crowd can we expect? Hopefully it's not full of people in their 70's because it's January. Lol