Taxis from Port Everglades to the airport?

doconnor4

Can you walk off the ship and grab a taxi without any pre-arrangement? RCCL charges $16.50pp one way and I read that this taxi fare is about $20.00 so not sure why anyone would pay RCCL $66 (family of 4) to do this if cabs are plentiful.

Can you walk off the ship and grab a taxi without any pre-arrangement? RCCL charges $16.50pp one way and I read that this taxi fare is about $20.00 so not sure why anyone would pay RCCL $66 (family of 4) to do this if cabs are plentiful.

Yes, you can. Cabs are plentiful - just ask to be directed towards the taxi line and you'll be fine. No pre-arrangement needed! It's what we've done both times we've sailed out of Port Everglades.

I would also recommend using a porter when collecting your bags at the port. The two times we have cruised we did that and got through customs in no time as they pretty much let you skip the line, and then they bring you out and directly to a cab and put your luggage in it for you. Best $10-$15 you will ever spend.

But even without a porter there are plenty of cabs there. You should not have any problem finding one without pre-arranging one.

To dramatize the point, I cruised once with my sister and her husband who came in from a different town/flight/airline. We arrived at the airport close to the same time. They did the royal shuttle, we took a cab. We had a nice lunch, walked around the ship and met them 2 hours later drink in hand.

Port Everglades is so close to FLL that its not really worth going with the RCL transportation. The taxi line was a good 20-30 cars long when we got there.

Port Everglades is so close to FLL that its not really worth going with the RCL transportation. The taxi line was a good 20-30 cars long when we got there.

And Royal's shuttle won't leave till it fills up. Tough sitting for an hour looking at your ship out the window.

When you get off walk left to the corner and you will see plenty of taxi's.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick add on question. Are there typically some larger van type taxis as well? We are cruising with friends who have two little ones in car seats and two adults. I know that we will have to take separate taxis, im just wanting to make sure their family will be able to fit in one.

Quick add on question. Are there typically some larger van type taxis as well? We are cruising with friends who have two little ones in car seats and two adults. I know that we will have to take separate taxis, im just wanting to make sure their family will be able to fit in one.

There are plenty of can of SUV style ones. We had one little one in a car seat plus my wife way over packed and we had 2 carry on suitcases 2 large checked suitcases a regular stroller and a pack and play. We found one that fit everything.

Agree with everyone very easy. We got off the Equinox. Walked to taco line, 4 afults, 5 medium rolling bags and back packs for all. Eceeyhtgi5fit in SUV taxi. Paid 18 total but I tipped driver $4 or 5 as he handled all bags. We never do taxis so Idk if I tipped too much or not.

They had a second line of mini vans. As the big groups got to the from they pulled them out to go to the mini vans. We had 6 people with cruise luggage. $20 including tip.

We left the Oasis yesterday, walked out to the left, a guy asked if we needed a lift to the airport, I said yes there are 4 of us, said he would get us there for 11 per person. I politely said no thanks (when I really wanted to laugh). Walked over to the taxi line, got in a minivan and the guy had us there minutes later, $13.30 on the meter. Gave him 20.