Just got an email...Staggered Check-In in Miami

Pesh

You're looking in the right place. Maybe it's not rolling out until March 1st? Have you made your final payment? Maybe you can only select once you've paid? I checked and the FAQ doesn't mention when you're able to select your window (immediately after booking, 3 months before, after final payment, etc)

after final payment would make the most sense to me, since if you've only put a deposit down you're still apt to cancel in the eyes of Carnival, and that would keep altering their list of who's embarking when. But who knows.

Like I said I was already able to select a time slot for my Jan 2017 cruise; I paid in full from the get-go.

You're looking in the right place. Maybe it's not rolling out until March 1st? Have you made your final payment? Maybe you can only select once you've paid? I checked and the FAQ doesn't mention when you're able to select your window (immediately after booking, 3 months before, after final payment, etc)

I'm guessing it isn't until March sailings.

I received the email however it was in my SPAM folder... I logged in and selected my check-in slot, earliest was 10-10:30am so I went for that on the basis that if I turn up later I can just check-in? This updated my boarding pass with the check-in window so I re-printed these.

This is for a May 2016 booking on Fantasy.

Now that I can look at JH's post, I'd say it starting 3/4 so March 4th. Guess that clears it up a bit. [emoji322]

Can anyone comment on how the staggered boarding works when they've done it?

It's a CCL Corporate initiative, so all the lines (HAL, Princess, Carnival, etc.) are adopting staggered boarding times - simply to reduce the mob scenes in cruise terminals. My most recent cruise, Emerald Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale in December, had it, and as I couldn't fine tune the hotel shuttle van, we showed up an hour early. Nobody got excited; wasn't like I was banned from standing in line; nobody asked to see any documentation until I got to the check-in desk.

It works fine. Reduced the number of people just milling around, which I think from a security standpoint is a good thing.

It's a CCL Corporate initiative, so all the lines (HAL, Princess, Carnival, etc.) are adopting staggered boarding times - simply to reduce the mob scenes in cruise terminals. My most recent cruise, Emerald Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale in December, had it, and as I couldn't fine tune the hotel shuttle van, we showed up an hour early. Nobody got excited; wasn't like I was banned from standing in line; nobody asked to see any documentation until I got to the check-in desk.

It works fine. Reduced the number of people just milling around, which I think from a security standpoint is a good thing.

Thanks for the info. The review I read from the person who sailed out of Galveston said they were checking documentation before allowing people to enter the terminal, so maybe this varies by port. I guess we'll see! Sounds like it could be a good thing (and encourages people to book early if they want to be able to choose their check-in time) I was just side-eyeing the shoddy email they sent. If I wasn't a CC member, I probably would have through it was a scam since it seemed so unprofessional and shoddy.

I received the email however it was in my SPAM folder... I logged in and selected my check-in slot, earliest was 10-10:30am so I went for that on the basis that if I turn up later I can just check-in? This updated my boarding pass with the check-in window so I re-printed these.

This is for a May 2016 booking on Fantasy.

I've done this on P&O, we originally had 2.30 check in before I upgraded the room and then it moved to 12.00. Well my train got in at 2pm so I turned up a bit later and they gave me a 'fast pass' card or something like that. There was a line to go ahead to the express queue.

Not saying it would be the same, but if they're rolling out to all the carnival brands then might be similar.

We are booked on the breeze for both Feb 27 and March 6. Talk about confusion!! I got the cryptic email with no date. No one at carnival knew anything about Miami schedule boarding. Said it was only new orleans and galveston. I finally figured out on my own that I needed to look at our second leg of the cruise which falls in March. There it was. I feel sorry for the poor carnival people on the end of the phone. Carnival upper management really dropped the ball

I got both of the emails today also, was afraid to open the one with attachment in case it was a scam, the other made no sense at all. I sent one to my Ta and she advised to check my check in. I did and found the new line addition for the staggered time check in. I had just printed my boarding passes last week and it wasn't there then. Since we're platinum and can board whenever I just selected the first time listed. They could have done this better.

We are booked on the breeze for both Feb 27 and March 6. Talk about confusion!! I got the cryptic email with no date. No one at carnival knew anything about Miami schedule boarding. Said it was only new orleans and galveston. I finally figured out on my own that I needed to look at our second leg of the cruise which falls in March. There it was. I feel sorry for the poor carnival people on the end of the phone. Carnival upper management really dropped the ball

I'm on the March 6 cruise too :)

Agree about everything you said - why wouldn't they just send a link out? I've never heard of major corporation sending out a photocopy of a letter that lists web addresses instead of links. And wrong web addresses at that!

I literally booked last night for the March 20th sailing on the Breeze. Did all check in procedures this morning and it did not give me an option to pick a check in time, saw someone post on fb about it and logged back in and low and behold there it is...got lucky with 10-10:30am. anyone know how many people they allow in each 30 min window?

Everyone needs to realize this is "check in time" not "boarding time"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called my pvp, he states that your check in time will be the order that you board, behind the fttf and they have cruised a million times people;):rolleyes: of course.

so in other words it will go

weddings

those that have cruised a million times;):rolleyes:

fttf

1st check in time

2nd check in time and so on...

Carnival's IT team is paid peanuts so this shoddy email without hyperlinks is per usual.

fc73f91cd8aea79f137e665c1dcae4ee.jpg

Most organizations have a certain brand standards for mass communications/emails. Looks like this one slipped through the loop hole...

We got check in time for our 3-20 Breeze sailing

We did not get a e-mail- I was wondering if

it was because we are platinum.

Also should I pick a late time because I'm platinum and save the early

time slot for those who are not?

That's a good thought. If platinums are fully exempt from the embarkation windows, then they really shouldn't have to select a time, since it's meaningless to them and will take slots away from others who may want it.

We got check in time for our 3-20 Breeze sailing

We did not get a e-mail- I was wondering if

it was because we are platinum.

You'll be in the priority line, not the line for blue/red/gold card holders, so I don't think that will benefit anyone. I would choose the actual time I planned on arriving.

Same here for Breeze cruise Mar 20.

Pretty shoddy work with the email tho. Some folks will think it's junk mail.

- JPO

Yes, I thought it was junk mail.

I received an e-mail today from "unknown sender" the subject was "staggered boarding required". It did have an attachment. I do not open mail from unknown senders so I don't know if it was legit or not. I'm sure now it was from Carnival but we have FTTF for this sailing (3/12/16) Glory from Miami, so I am in no hurry to pick a time.