P&O vs Princess

NauticalMiss

For the past 3 years we have cruised with P&O, on 4 of their ships. Previously we have done a few with Cunard (enjoyed) and one with Celebrity (which we didn't enjoy at all). We are thinking of trying Princess as their itineraries are a little more interesting than P&O. I would love any information that would help us make a decision.

FYI - We are in our late-40s, fit and well. We enjoy formal nights; delicious food, presented well; and lots of fun ;) all of which may help direct your thoughts.

TIA :)

We are the reverse, have cruised mostly with princess and 1 P&O. Love princess and enjoyed our one with p&o where we took our grandson. They are very similar especially the ships, found entertainment better on princess food good on both (subjective to your tastes) princess more expensive on drinks as they add 15% to every bill. If you asked me you can cruises any line I would pick princess as their loyalty scheme is brill. If u have sailed with p and o those same cruises count towards princess but not the other way round. So saying I'm doing a short Ventura cruise next month. Go with an open mind and enjoy every minute

Azura and Ventura are basically Princess Grand Class ships. If you are familiar with either of the former you should find your way around the latter easily. Some of the Princess ships go around the more exotic destinations are Princess Sun Class ships which are basically the same design as Oceana. Princess tends to be more multi-national on board, the mix varying with whichever region of the world you are sailing in.

Regards John

P&O service is not a patch on Princess, especially in anytime, the waiters are the most miserable and unhelpful we ever encountered, we found the food inferior but that is own to taste, Princess wins out with the loyalty programme, mini bar set up, free Internet, free laundry most travelled lunch and what do you get on P&O, a pair of slippers and lunch with the crew.

Bonuses on P&O get some very good deals, got £960 OBC on our last cruise, that means two Radley bags, got £650 on Britannia in April and looking forward to that as it looks a beautiful ship

I'd go Princess anytime but when you can get a bargain as long as I'm cruising

Find it irritating that now all P&O cruises count on Princesses loyalty but no longer the other way round, but as we are Elite on Princess and Caribbean on P&O no longer a problem, go with the best deal and enjoy