Ironing problems on board.

If this is a really serious issue and not just a preference, I would only cruise on a ship with a self service laundry that includes an iron.

I would say that would be preferred however having trawled thro various itineraries and being limited to dates this cruise fits the bill perfectly. (Well it does IMO)

Having previously been on a Celebrity cruise which has the same rules it was not a major problem as it was for a week and we got the stuff that needed ironed done early on in cruise. That is what we are gonna do here.

Looks like she is gonna bite the bullet and accept she can't do much ironing for a fortnight!

Read the statement above back and it's an unbelievable one.

Gonna be controversial here but you wummin are mental. Absolutely bat**** crazy!! :confused:

"Puts tin hat on and awaits the volley of replies"

And yes us guys are perfect :p:D

Well Happy Chappy, you might like to know that not all wummin are mental. I haven't ironed an article of clothing for several years. The washing goes out on the washing line to dry and then into the tumble dryer for 10 minutes or so and then folded or hung on a hanger whilst still hot. Looks fine to us! I have a fridge magnet that says "Life's too short for ironing" and it really is. Maybe you should have booked with P & O as they have launderettes on all decks with huge washing machines and dryers and wonderful ironing boards with irons and your missus could spend hours in there happily ironing all her clothes whilst you are enjoying your cruise.

Well Happy Chappy, you might like to know that not all wummin are mental. I haven't ironed an article of clothing for several years. The washing goes out on the washing line to dry and then into the tumble dryer for 10 minutes or so and then folded or hung on a hanger whilst still hot. Looks fine to us! I have a fridge magnet that says "Life's too short for ironing" and it really is. Maybe you should have booked with P & O as they have launderettes on all decks with huge washing machines and dryers and wonderful ironing boards with irons and your missus could spend hours in there happily ironing all her clothes whilst you are enjoying your cruise.

Maybe panto season has just passed but 'ohhhhh yes you are'

Looks like she is gonna bite the bullet and accept she can't do much ironing for a fortnight!

Read the statement above back and it's an unbelievable one.

Gonna be controversial here but you wummin are mental. Absolutely bat**** crazy!! :confused:

"Puts tin hat on and awaits the volley of replies"

And yes us guys are perfect :p:D

Good News! Wishing you both a great cruise.

My sister is as bad. Irons socks.

Budget for paying someone to do the ironing.

Sail HAL Carnival, Princess, Cunard. They all have laundry and ironing rooms.

Back when I was young - my mom ironed everything, including my dad's boxer's. Back then starch was always used heavily for cottons and yes she used it on the boxers. Was a rather interesting conversion at dinner when dad announced he had been to the doctor (chafed) and mom had been given the order to stop using starch (my sisters and I all cheered!).

Our sheets in the winter were still hung out on the clothesline -- I hated laundry day.:D