MDR Wine List Photos with Pricing (Old & New)

fud76

Good day everyone,

We were on the Brilliance of the Seas Dec 19/15 sailing out of Tampa, first time on Royal Caribbean, great cruise and would absolutely sail with them again.

Since I am always using these boards for information on our next cruise, I wanted to share a couple of photos we took of the MDR Wine List menu during our most recent cruise. My wife and I both had the Premium Drink Package. Our first night in the MDR my wife ordered a glass of Chandon Brut which the wine list had priced at $9. The waiter came back and informed there will be a $2 upcharge. After I showed him the wine list showing the price at $9 (within the $12 limit of the Premium Drink Package), he quickly went and got us an "updated" list. The new list had the pricing of the same glass at $14.

Anyway he continued on and left both wine lists on the table, so I pulled out my phone and took photos of both, thought it would be interesting to share. I give no opinion on the pricing differences, just sharing these with the board and hope those with upcoming cruises will get use out of the updated list.

Old Wine List:

mdr_white_old.png

mdr_red_old.png

New Wine List:

mdr_white_new.png

mdr_red_new.png

Thank you for that helpful post.

Some of the increases are fairly significant ($39 old price - $55 new price) especially on lower end wines. And, some of the current prices are obscene. I know they have to make money but to change $50 for a $7 bottle of Ravenswood Zin is ridiculous.

Cheers!

thanks again

M

Oh - BTW -

Did you pay the new prices or the prices from the wine list originally presented to you?

M

Interesting. Some wines by the glass stayed the same or went up a dollar (I spotted one that even went down from $8 to $7), but then there are the ones like you mention that changed by $5 or so per glass. One of our favorites from our last cruise was the Oberon Cab, and it went from $10 to $15. Next cruise, we'll be sure to bring out allotted two bottles with us and make use of our BOGO offers.

Thank you for that helpful post.

Some of the increases are fairly significant ($39 old price - $55 new price) especially on lower end wines. And, some of the current prices are obscene. I know they have to make money but to change $50 for a $7 bottle of Ravenswood Zin is ridiculous.

Cheers!

thanks again

M

Oh - BTW -

Did you pay the new prices or the prices from the wine list originally presented to you?

M

We paid the new prices. The staff was very upfront with us so felt no need to argue over it.

I would love an updated pricing list for some of my favorite drinks on the ship. I also have the package and am hoping not to have to pay upcharges.

Unfortunately I did not take more photos of drink lists. Actually most of the time it was hard to come across a drink menu on this sailing. Most often we were told there was no current drink menu available as they were printing the new ones.