Bringing my own pillow (wedge)

sp29488

I'm thinking of bringing my wedge pillow (acid reflux wedge) on my cruise. I have severe acid reflux to the point that it affects my breathing. I've recently purchased a wedge pillow and have used it for a month now. It has really helped me. It can be rolled up and comes with it's own case, I can put it in my carryon. Should I have a problem bringing this on? Wondering if anyone has brought one on before? Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking of bringing my wedge pillow (acid reflux wedge) on my cruise. I have severe acid reflux to the point that it affects my breathing. I've recently purchased a wedge pillow and have used it for a month now. It has really helped me. It can be rolled up and comes with it's own case, I can put it in my carryon. Should I have a problem bringing this on? Wondering if anyone has brought one on before? Thanks for the info.

Carnival doesn't care if you bring anything not on their prohibited list. (As long as it will fit through scanners)

Edited by lizardhowson

I have acid reflux too and have brought a wedge pillow on before. I also bring my "own bed" now lol. I bought a Tempur-pedic travel set that goes on top of ship mattress (comes with its own roll along carrier) and I bring that thru the scanner no problems. I bring it all the time because some of the ships beds make my hip and back ache and if your doing a b2b thats brutal. Now I sleep like a baby. So if that is acceptable a pillow sure is! Happy travels

Just don't forget to pack it when you leave as I am sure it won't be a problem:).

No problem as long as it isn't on their prohibited list. Carry it with you or put it in a suitcase and check it (that's what I would do).

Do you have a pic or website link to that wedge? I've got an oversized type "pillow" that I bring for acid reflux as well. But it's so big it takes up a carry on bag by itself. It would be nice to have something that can be rolled up.

Do you have a pic or website link to that wedge? I've got an oversized type "pillow" that I bring for acid reflux as well. But it's so big it takes up a carry on bag by itself. It would be nice to have something that can be rolled up.

I found it at linenspa.com, when you look at the picture it doesn't look like you could roll it up but that's the way they sent it and it came with a zippered container (for lack of a better word). I would post a picture but I'm not sure how.

Thank you to everyone else, I'll be sure to bring it with me since it has really helped me alot. I'll either put it my carry on or just tote it. Thanks again :)

I found it at linenspa.com, when you look at the picture it doesn't look like you could roll it up but that's the way they sent it and it came with a zippered container (for lack of a better word). I would post a picture but I'm not sure how.

Thank you to everyone else, I'll be sure to bring it with me since it has really helped me alot. I'll either put it my carry on or just tote it. Thanks again :)

was it this one?

https://www.linenspa.com/products/z-wedge-pillow-/

That's the one :) It has really helped me. We tried lifting the head of the bed but ours is supported in the middle and we couldn't lift it to high so I researched and found this wedge pillow and love it! We went off for a few days after Christmas and I didn't take it with me and really noticed a difference so I really need to take it with me on the cruise.

Do you feel the 7" sufficient? I have reflux really bad and worry it isn't high enough. I noticed on the website they offer a 10" version as well.

Do you feel the 7" sufficient? I have reflux really bad and worry it isn't high enough. I noticed on the website they offer a 10" version as well.

The 7" is for me and my acid reflux is so bad I had trouble breathing and had that horrible dry cough in your throat. The 10" would be to high for me, I wouldn't be able to sleep. My ENT only recommended raising the bed 6". I guess it's what works best for you. Oh, forgot to mention they offer a 30 day guarantee.

Edited by sp29488

I got the 7" wedge pillow too and it's perfect. It seemed like it wouldn't be enough of a lift but all of the reviews I read online said the 7" was perfect and the 10" was too drastic of a lift and made it difficult to sleep. I love my pillow. I even got an inflatable wedge pillow to take on trips. It works nicely and folds up real small. :D

I got the 7" wedge pillow too and it's perfect. It seemed like it wouldn't be enough of a lift but all of the reviews I read online said the 7" was perfect and the 10" was too drastic of a lift and made it difficult to sleep. I love my pillow. I even got an inflatable wedge pillow to take on trips. It works nicely and folds up real small. :D

Inflatable? Now that's what I need for cruising. The big bedrest type pillow I've been taking on past cruises is so big it takes up an entire carry on bag by itself. It would be nice to eliminate a bag. Where would I find an inflatable one?

Wedge pillows, the sleeping or non-sleeping kind are permitted on-board.

Too funny! My reflux pillow is a repurposed Liberator Ramp. It's quite durable, and firm for my back, and it's always nearby when needed for either purpose LOL.

I've been considering something like this for travel: http://amazon.com/dp/B0002DJVGE (sfw)

Edited by xpanmanx

Just don't forget to pack it when you leave as I am sure it won't be a problem:).

Been there. Done that. I have taken my own pillow to hotels and forgot many of them.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one

Edited by LuckyZ

Where did you get the inflatable one?

Inflatable? Now that's what I need for cruising. The big bedrest type pillow I've been taking on past cruises is so big it takes up an entire carry on bag by itself. It would be nice to eliminate a bag. Where would I find an inflatable one?

I found it on Amazon for around $30 and it came with a pillowcase. 😀