Red-Eye vs Late night arrival to FLL

Uchylisa

Staying at the Embassy Suites pre-cruise, for a Sunday departure. Coming in from the West Cost and finding right now airfare is very high, hoping to get a much better deal closer to the day of departure. But if it comes down to taking a Red-eye and staying an extra day in a hotel to recoup, or arriving very late, like 11:30PM which is better? For me 11:30PM is nothing as it will be 7:30 our time, but will we have a hard time getting to the hotel at that time of night? by the time we retrive our luggage? there will be 6 of us So a simple taxi isn't an option.

thanks.

There will also be mini-van type taxi's or use more than one regular taxi. I too would take that late arrival flight.

Also watch flights carefully..prices can change quickly and often...we've flown from LAX to FLL many many times for our caribbean cruise's...and often stay at ES too.

We are also on the West Coast and have frequently taken the flight arriving at 11:30pm. We've never had a problem finding transportation to our hotel from FLL or MIA.

I recommend that you look at flights to MIA as well as FLL. Those are more plentiful (at least from LA) and you may find a lower price as a result. Just be sure that the price and the cost of taking a van up to FLL offset the convenience of arriving closer to the port. We've stayed at the Sheraton MIA a few times and it's quite adequate for an overnight stay. The downside is no available shopping within walking distance, so if you're planning on picking up wine, toiletries or other items, it's not coven isn't for that.

It's 3 hours difference, not 4, by the way. But yes, I would take the late arrival as well. No issue getting to the hotel that late, there will be taxis as long as there are flights arriving. You will need 2 or 3 cabs depending on luggage.

thanks everyone.

I won't worry about the late arrival. I do want to get to the market in the AM to grab a couple of nice bottles of winter carry on. Wasn't terribly excited about the wine lists I saw posted.

thanks everyone.

I won't worry about the late arrival. I do want to get to the market in the AM to grab a couple of nice bottles of winter carry on. Wasn't terribly excited about the wine lists I saw posted.

Can't buy wine in Fort Lauderdale until noon on Sunday.

I'd sleep in, have a nice long breakfast, walk over to Total Wine, shop, and be one of the last people on board.

Your son can hang out at the pool that morning.