It's All Included Package Question

pete_coach

We have booked this package from Canada and are within 3 weeks of the cruise. I have called (because online is messed up) for information including when the flights are. I have been unable to get any information to date. No flight information, not baggage tags available yet and so on.

The Captains Club reps keep saying information will be forthcoming soon. OK, so be it.

My questions are to those that have taken this type of package in the past.

Do the bags get tagged at the airport and delivered right to the cabin? We go through customs at the departure airport. Or do we need to pick them up at Miami?

When do we arrive in Miami? Morning or afternoon? That leads to when to we depart to fly to Miami? Does Celebrity charter aircraft go directly from departure airport to Miami or does it stop at another airport to pick up more passengers?

I am somewhat frustrated by the lack of information from Captains Club reps and lack of information on the Celebrity website. Any information from past travelers of this package would be most welcome.

Thanks

I can't speak to what your flight would be like because they are dependent on departure point and even then they have even changed some to be over night vs day of so you might want to provide more detail.

I went on this out of Halifax last year and it was pretty late when we learned our flight times. For us it was early in morning departure and we arrived in Miami in the afternoon. Delays had us walking on the ship to the sound of bells for muster drill. Our charter flight last year was direct non stop but I am hearing this year that at least one of the trips out of Halifax stops (stopped) for others in Moncton so even that can be different from one trip to another.

My memory is we picked our bags up at airport and passed to the charter bus and that was the last we seen of them until in our room. We also did customs at departure airport so saved time on other end but we still picked up our own baggage to pass to bus which was tagged for ship.

Enjoy your trip!

Edited to add:

I'll add to say that another couple were sailing for first time and they loved the charter all in inclusive and chose to book again. Myself, however, being very detailed oriented and all prior trips in handled booking and coordinating all aspects of my cruise trip, I found it frustrating and out of control. Future will find me back to my own planning and self managing my trip, I'm fine catching a taxi to the ship and realize I prefer that over waiting on a collective group. I like getting on before the ship is doing muster, and I like catching a taxi at the end to go to airport instead of waiting for a bus to leave with no idea what you might be waiting on. Control freak here LOL

Edited by poffles

The Celebrity packages from Canada have flights that are not sorted until a day or two before you fly out. The important thing is Celebrity will hold the ship to make sure you are on board.

As to Customs and immigration - that is done either before you board if you have US people doing preclearance or in the USA. You pick your bags up in the airport and take them to the Celebrity area where they will be taken to your cabin. Picking up your own bags is required to guarantee you make the mistake if any. Cannot technically pickup bags for someone else. Easy.

Thanks for the replies.

I called Celebrity Captains Club again and after an hour and a bit on and off hold, I got some answers.

It seems they are having major computer problems (as we all seem to know by now). Those problems have led to the All in One package folks not even getting their E-Docs yet and those are a per-requisite to having luggage tags issued as well.

The other issue is that they cannot seem to input flight information into the computers either. Those problems have no real solution as of yet and I am to call back mid next week.

Apparently folks that are leaving real soon are being told (if they call) to complete their on line check in papers and print them. They are being given their flight information over the phone.

I was given my flight info an will call next week to find out what I need to bring to flight check in...my on-line check in docs? The person from Celebrity was unable to tell me what I would need.

Oh and also, the seating on the aircraft is first come first served, no seat selection prior to check in.

We are leaving on Jan 31 out of the Hamilton ontario airport. We received our flight times last week. The flight is direct but to Palm Beach Airport not Ft Lauderdale. Transportation will be provided by Celebrity to the port

This is our first time using this all in package (not first time X). I've heard good things from others about the experience in previous years. Hoping for the same outcome

Thanks for the replies.

I called Celebrity Captains Club again and after an hour and a bit on and off hold, I got some answers.

It seems they are having major computer problems (as we all seem to know by now). Those problems have led to the All in One package folks not even getting their E-Docs yet and those are a per-requisite to having luggage tags issued as well.

The other issue is that they cannot seem to input flight information into the computers either. Those problems have no real solution as of yet and I am to call back mid next week.

Apparently folks that are leaving real soon are being told (if they call) to complete their on line check in papers and print them. They are being given their flight information over the phone.

I was given my flight info an will call next week to find out what I need to bring to flight check in...my on-line check in docs? The person from Celebrity was unable to tell me what I would need.

Oh and also, the seating on the aircraft is first come first served, no seat selection prior to check in.

Yes seating was first come first serve for us too and we received no real flight check in papers just told them our names and they looked us up on their papers. They had agents doing a lot more "paper" check in than I have ever witnessed. Was rather odd but in the end we all got on the plane and reached the ship for sail away :)

The important thing is Celebrity will hold the ship to make sure you are on board.

Do you have a link to a commitment from Celebrity that this is true?

I'd really like to see Celebrities position on this.

I understand this program is offered by charter aircraft, rather than scheduled flights. If the charter were to go mechanical, and First Air/Canadian North (the charter company) not have a replacement at hand, or weather ground the flight, my question would be how could Celebrity possibly hold the ship waiting for the flight ?

I would suspect rather than hold the ship, the commitment would be to get passengers to the ship, perhaps at the first possible port of the itinerary. This would be in keeping with flights through Choice Air. Never have I seen a guarantee to hold the ship, at best a commitment to get us to the ship as expeditiously as possible.

Edited by WpgCruise

This will be my fourth celebrity cruise and my first all inclusive from Halifax. I spoke with my travel agent today. She had contacted celebrity to inquire where our e-docs were and was advised they were having computer problems. I was advised last week they would be out this week but am informed today they are still having problems. I was able to find out how and where to check in at airport. Since we ares ailing on Feb. 7th travel agent advised we would probably not receive out luggage tags before we leave.

This will be my fourth celebrity cruise and my first all inclusive from Halifax. I spoke with my travel agent today. She had contacted celebrity to inquire where our e-docs were and was advised they were having computer problems. I was advised last week they would be out this week but am informed today they are still having problems. I was able to find out how and where to check in at airport. Since we ares ailing on Feb. 7th travel agent advised we would probably not receive out luggage tags before we leave.

We are on the same flight out of Moncton at 9:05 Feb 7 to West Palm Beach.

I requested luggage tags last week at the Captains Club site under contact us.

This is our fourth Celebrity cruise and first all in . Its a good option after the winter we had last year!

Well, good news.

After being told yesterday they had massive computer problems and t will be at least a week before anything can happen, early this morning I got my E-Docs.

Unfortunately, to get my E-Docs I have ot get into my account and my account has the dreaded "The current transaction is unavailable due to technical difficulties. Please try again later or call our customer service desk. " message.

One step forward.....oh wait, no forward step. Time to call again :)

Well, good news.

After being told yesterday they had massive computer problems and t will be at least a week before anything can happen, early this morning I got my E-Docs.

Unfortunately, to get my E-Docs I have ot get into my account and my account has the dreaded "The current transaction is unavailable due to technical difficulties. Please try again later or call our customer service desk. " message.

One step forward.....oh wait, no forward step. Time to call again :)

Whats your cruise date?

Whats your cruise date?

6 Feb. But everything was supposed to be available 2 months prior to cruise date. I still have no official flight details, just what the rep told me she thinks are the flights.

I still have 3 weeks but getting the luggage tags may not happen (between USPS and Canada Post, who knows how long they will be in the mail :)). No big deal there.

The flight info is important as I have to find someone to get us to the departure airport early on Saturday morning.

We did last year and I have to say it was great. I think Celebrity did it top notch.

I would do it this year but the price has risen by almost $1400 per person. We only paid $1499 for an inside last year. I understand that they are flying you down the day before and putting you in a hotel but I really don't see that it should cost almost $3000.00 more for that.

6 Feb. But everything was supposed to be available 2 months prior to cruise date. I still have no official flight details, just what the rep told me she thinks are the flights.

I still have 3 weeks but getting the luggage tags may not happen (between USPS and Canada Post, who knows how long they will be in the mail :)). No big deal there.

The flight info is important as I have to find someone to get us to the departure airport early on Saturday morning.

We are coming from PEI staying at airport hotel in Moncton Friday nite and heading to airport for 6am ..hoping to get seats together as its a first come and the Halifax cruisers are already onboard. I phoned Celebrity this morning to request luggage tags and she said our tickets aren't issued yet so no can do . She told me that tickets should be out within two days then we can request tags.. So keep on checking celebrity site

We are coming from PEI staying at airport hotel in Moncton Friday nite and heading to airport for 6am ..hoping to get seats together as its a first come and the Halifax cruisers are already onboard. I phoned Celebrity this morning to request luggage tags and she said our tickets aren't issued yet so no can do . She told me that tickets should be out within two days then we can request tags.. So keep on checking celebrity site

My mistake,

I double checked the E-Docs and the flight information is there. I am all set now except luggage tags...but like I said, that is no problem.

Now I can make arrangements to get to the Ottawa airport.

We have been on 3 Celebrity cruises, 2 in the Mediterranean and one on the Caribbean. The Super Bowl cruise on 6 Feb is just what we needed.

Like Jackie Gleason used to say "and awaaaaaay we go" (is that dating myself?.... Jackie Gleason?) :)

Edited by pete_coach

My mistake,

I double checked the E-Docs and the flight information is there. I am all set now except luggage tags...but like I said, that is no problem.

Now I can make arrangements to get to the Ottawa airport.

We have been on 3 Celebrity cruises, 2 in the Mediterranean and one on the Caribbean. The Super Bowl cruise on 6 Feb is just what we needed.

Like Jackie Gleason used to say "and awaaaaaay we go" (is that dating myself?.... Jackie Gleason?) :)

Yes.... Old-timer... You are dating yourself.lol. Im right behind ya..lol

We are leaving Feb 6 too.... No E-Docs yet!!! Whats with that?

I personally would never let anyone pick up my luggage at the airport unless I witnessed the pickup and transfer to the bus and the transfer from the bus to Celebrity. My wife was without luggage due to airline issue many years ago and it was not a fun cruise. That was the last time we travelled on embarkation day. I always tip the baggage handlers at the port well and watch them load the bags into a container. I still don't feel completely comfortable until that luggage arrives at the cabin.

Yes.... Old-timer... You are dating yourself.lol. Im right behind ya..lol

We are leaving Feb 6 too.... No E-Docs yet!!! Whats with that?

Darn, remind me never to use "old timers" as my references :)

Are you on the Reflection out of Miami?

I am a huge football fan (and coach) and the Superbowl while onboard is a treat. The wives can do the spa and pool thing and we can watch the game and take part in the tailgate party.

Edited by pete_coach

I personally would never let anyone pick up my luggage at the airport unless I witnessed the pickup and transfer to the bus and the transfer from the bus to Celebrity. My wife was without luggage due to airline issue many years ago and it was not a fun cruise. That was the last time we travelled on embarkation day. I always tip the baggage handlers at the port well and watch them load the bags into a container. I still don't feel completely comfortable until that luggage arrives at the cabin.

I do not let anyone touch my bags...ever. I travel a lot for work, worldwide, and never leave my bags in someone elses care.

Traveling on embarkation day is also something we never do but in the case of the "all in one" package, Celebrity is the airline (chartered of course), then pick up at Miami airport and bused to the port. Same for the return, bus, plane, home, all part of the package.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just found this thread about the "It's All Included" - we were able to book a good deal with celebrity on this (flights are getting outrageous) but are still trying to find out when the flight out of hamilton happens.

It's a bit unnerving to have nothing in writing. We've been able to do the online check in but there is no mention of the flight times...nor do they mention that Gratuities and the Classic Drink Package are included. The reservation does say that it's the "It's All Included" booking

Has anyone gotten anything to confirm this? I suspect all will be well but just wondering.

This is our third year out of Ottawa on the same package deal. Flight details are always provided closer to the travel date. Just because I don't like wondering, I went to the airport departure listing last Saturday morning to see what time the Canadian North flight to Miami was leaving. It left Ottawa at 9:15am. For the last two years it was earlier, which meant a very, very early arrival at the airport.

You won't get paper tickets in the mail - you just show up at the checkin for Canadian North and give them your name. They will assign your seats at that time. From that point forward, it's all taken care of. It's a beautiful thing!

We leave in 10 days and had still not received any flight information so yesterday, I called Celebrity yesterday at this number: 800-636-2440 . You have to take the second choice, as if you want to make a booking for a group. When they answer the phone, give them your reference number, and they will be able to provide you with your flight times.

They said they had sent my e-docs to my travel agent on January 15 but she never received them, and when my travel agent called Celebrity, they told her that they had e-mailed them to me (I did not receive them, although I get spam from Celebrity daily). In any case, they then sent her the e-docs and she forwarded them to me.

Edited by BrendaJ
corrected phone number

Hi Innerchild,

Thanks for the information. I've found other postings that say this is the way it works. Sounds like all will be well.

I've noticed a lot of posters with questions about e-docs. We did our check in online and are assuming that we need nothing else. Hoping that is true.

Cruise #4 with Celebrity but first time trying out the all included option. With the OBC offered by our TA this is a fantastic deal!

Looking forward to being on the Reflection again as it is a beautiful ship.