NCL pricing

surran12

We are not big drinkers and that seems to be the perk they are baking into the price above all. I think those that don't drink or drink very little would like a different option to choose, pick a perk and if you want cash it in for half it's value towards your cruise. So if the value of the UBP is $1000 you could choose to cash that in for a $500 discount on your cruise fare and you would not have the UBP. That seems to be a fair compromise that still holds on to some of the way it used to be.

Couldn't agree more. If the plan included items like soda cans, water bottles, specialty coffees it would be much different .

We are not big drinkers and that seems to be the perk they are baking into the price above all. I think those that don't drink or drink very little would like a different option to choose, pick a perk and if you want cash it in for half it's value towards your cruise. So if the value of the UBP is $1000 you could choose to cash that in for a $500 discount on your cruise fare and you would not have the UBP. That seems to be a fair compromise that still holds on to some of the way it used to be.

NCL does give you 3 other choices if you don't want UBP. Or go on those last minute deals at mark down price with no perk (yes, they are getting hard to find but still exist).

I agree-last year they had the same choices as well as a choice for obc which we took. This way we can spend it how we want--I am sure they will NEVER let you take the price of the promo off your cruise price:mad:

The Boston to Bermuda itineraries are sky high this year. NCL will be losing a couple of weeks due to the refurbishment. Not sure if that is the reason why. I booked a family suite (no balcony for the Dawn October 21) back in October, the price has gone up $300 per person!! :eek: I was actually thinking about downgrading to a balcony cabin (all of our friends are booked on the 8th deck), but the prices are so high, I really wouldn't be saving too much!!

They really are! We had originally booked a 2 bedroom suite for around 6K for 5 people, but then changed it to 2 mini suites which was closer to 7K total. Our cruise was cancelled and we had to switch to breakaway, because changing to another week on dawn would have added a thousand dollars per person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just feel that the current model with more stuff paid for up front dilutes the whole Free Style idea. How do I know today how many specialty dinners I will want in a few months etc.? Or where I want to eat them... JMHO

I hear this a lot, but it hasn't been our experience that you need to make reservations unless you are already regimented in your vacation planning. We are pretty "freestyle" in our normal lives, and don't mind if we eat at 6, or 7, or 8. But if you're planning to attend the 8:30 show, after getting back from your excursion at 5:30, and must eat before the show, then perhaps a reservation is in order.

If you are flexible, then Freestyle is alive and well. You can make reservations if you want to, but they aren't any more necessary than they have always been.

ncl must be selling their staterooms at these new higher prices. I've been tracking med prices and have two deposits down. One on celebrity and one on the Jade 14 night September. Just checked and current all in price for two including taxes and port fees for Ncl Jade September 24th balcony is $7237. This price includes gratuity on the beverage package. Celebrity sailing on exact dates all in cost including taxes and port fees for two is $4108. The celebrity cruise includes perks of two choices: unlimited internet for entire cruise vs Ncl 250 Internet, daily service fees (not a choice on Ncl), beverage package that includes specially coffees, canned soda, bottles of water and smoothies vs Ncl which includes alcohol and fountain sodas or an additional $300 obc. Given the extra perk, Ncl is about double the price for exact same dates.

1. ALWAYS call a trusted travel agent, who have blocks of rooms that were booked last year, and the prices can be better than the daily rate.

2. I too have been tracking the NCL prices, along with all other lines.. The trend does stay the course - raise the prices, offer a great "sale." Royal is doing it with the BOGO 1/2 price. Locked in rates before the sale, and then watched them rise. 4 friends booked, prices were higher and they got room credit.

Bottom Line: Book early, and go through a travel agent.

But ... just got this email. "Hurry, Get A Free Bottle of Wine & Chocolate Covered Strawberries" Wow, Wow, Wow. "Free At Sea" no kidding - how much is that worth again ? As platinum members, we already get them - no thanks, not enough to offset the higher prices we are seeing doing what was once "freestyle crusing" on NCL.

Prices out of NYC aren't much better ... not that RCI or CCL with their limited availability locally, are "competitive".

Now, perhaps Andy Stuart can come with up with offers like those from Oceania that his boss is known for, then we will - perhaps - have another look. :D Keep getting those slick & upscale brochures.

Everything you stated is correct the cruise I wanted to book is $1300 more than last year at the same time in late march. I usually just sail straight up balcony for 3 a few times I did higher categories but that was a great deal then. So Balcony for 3 $2300 on the Getaway same time in march this year its $3600 that is a big increase and yes we had the UBP then also.