Price Drop

JVNYC

Oceania did a price drop on my next booked cruise. Called my TA to get the price drop and O wouldn't do it. We're in a PH, all PH's and above are waitlisted, so they won't drop our price for our reserved cabin, I was told. So if all those cabins are actually waitlisted, why did they do a cross the board price decrease? :rolleyes: Why not just do Concierge and below where there are cabins available?

There appears to have been a price drop on our next booked cruise, but it's for a guaranteed B-1 stateroom and not a reserved B-1 stateroom, which is what we have booked. Does anyone on this thread happen to know if price drops are honored for reserved staterooms in categories where the only remaining staterooms are guaranteed? I assume this means there are still some unsold staterooms in this category.

I learn something new about cruising every day!

Rumpymuffin;

I'm not sure anyone, has any clue as to what guaranteed means with Oceania! I've seen cruises that have suites "waitlisted", with no suites available for booking, but O will be selling guarantees!:eek:

Does this mean that if someone is #1 on the waitlist with another 5-6 behind them, and anyone then (later) buys a guarantee, they then move ahead of everyone on the waitlist? :eek::eek: Does this mean they pay whatever it takes to get someone to move off the cruise to get a guarantee on, then say to hell with all on the waitlist?

This "guarantee" status is all black magic Oceania voodoo stuff. No one understands it, or is suppose to understand it! It seems to be a cash flow thing for Oceania. Pay us money now, for cash flow reasons, and we will later do all kinds of stupid things to get you a cabin! :confused:

Is anyone else having trouble getting the link to show the list of available cruises? I just get a blank box (with Oceania headers). Tried in Explorer and Chrome - same result.

Joe

Maybe because the link was posted in January so the list is no longer valid

There apparently was a screw on the O web site. Not just purported price drops but also generous new perks (beverage package, tours etc.) + OBCs for certain cruises. Now corrected, at least for our booking, O site adds the word "OR" - you can choose either OBCs OR the new perks.

Oceania: “Price has not decreased. They [meaning, me & CCers here] may have looked at the site when the price was incorrect earlier today."

O claims to have fixed the problem early yesterday but the site needed to be refreshed by the tech dept. Incorrect price & promotional info was shown for a few hours.

wristband

Was the cruises different ones from the O Life Choice where the perks are choose one ??

Some people were looking at the link I posted in January which of course was no longer valid

Sometimes it is better to start a new thread instead of reviving an older one

less confusion :rolleyes:

Noticed 10 days ago that the price on our Amazon river cruise (which was not selling well-perhaps because of Zika virus concerns) had significantly dropped. Emailed our TA about a possible upgrade and the next day we were upgraded from an outside cabin to a concierge veranda with an additional $1000 OBC. In over 40 cruises we've never experienced anything like this. If this is O's way of building customer loyalty-it's working!

Noticed 10 days ago that the price on our Amazon river cruise (which was not selling well-perhaps because of Zika virus concerns) had significantly dropped. Emailed our TA about a possible upgrade and the next day we were upgraded from an outside cabin to a concierge veranda with an additional $1000 OBC. In over 40 cruises we've never experienced anything like this. If this is O's way of building customer loyalty-it's working!

It happened for us as well, it was a €800 price drop and our TA did get us the lower price, they took our pre paid gratuity away (460 dollar) but gave us 800 dollar OBC!! I have to say I was quit surprised!