Our 15 day Carnival Miracle Journey Cruise to Hawaii

shonandsuzie

Great review.

I found Hawaii to be much the same as you.

I always tell people, when I got off the ship in Honolulu it could have been Detroit. Cell phones, transit buses, horns honking and masses of business people. We did the Cultural Center and had to drive 2.5 hours from the pier to get to the lush of Hawaii.

Also my favourite island was Kauai!

Thanks for taking the time to write and post this!

It was a fun read and made my cold wintery morning go by much quicker.

Safe Travels.

Chass

Great review.

I found Hawaii to be much the same as you.

I always tell people, when I got off the ship in Honolulu it could have been Detroit. Cell phones, transit buses, horns honking and masses of business people. We did the Cultural Center and had to drive 2.5 hours from the pier to get to the lush of Hawaii.

Also my favourite island was Kauai!

Thanks for taking the time to write and post this!

It was a fun read and made my cold wintery morning go by much quicker.

Safe Travels.

Chass

Thank you. I understand how the cold is... Yuck.

• 2 weeks later...
It was a walkable village with lots of super cute shops. You could have spent a whole day right there.

My wife and I spent a week about 10 minutes from Lahaina and it was AWESOME... Adorable little town, and the Luau was great too!

GREAT review! My wife and I did the 15-day roundtrip to Hawaii in 2012, only we sailed on the Carnival Spirit out of San Diego. It truly is a cruise of a lifetime! We highly recommend it to anyone that loves cruising!

We met some wonderful new friends during this cruise, had fabulous adventures and wonderful memories that we will cherish forever. I even surprised my wife with the renewal of our wedding vows on a beach on Oahu. She was totally surprised!

I always tell those that have never been to Hawaii that if you just fly over, step off the plane for just one minute and soak in the scenery before reboarding the plane and flying home, then it was worth the money. Hawaii is truly paradise on earth!

:cool:Bill

I really want to take my wife on a cruise like this for our 20th anniversary in a couple of years. She LOVES sea days and we've never been on vaca for more than 9 days.

And, looks like you two and my wife and I will be on the same cruise this coming April on the Conquest! Would love to hear more about Hawaii!

Wonderful review...you really covered land each place...I mean got far from your landing spot even in Long Beach..you did perfect amount of R and R and hustle to see. I have only been to St. Thomas and San Juan and Nassau. I have a lot to cover in Carribean, but am so bonded to Hawaii..no 2 trips are alike..sometime I want to do it this way...but love just being there on an Island...thanks so much for sharing...however one gets there..I just can not imagine liking any place better..closest to heaven for me...you guys are darling..thanks for sharing..you really soaked in the magic..that is so obvious..and you have it anyway so...wow...with your beloved it is the best there...Sarah

Thanks again.

Edited by sjn911

Sounds like you had a fabulous time and that is the most important thing!

I would suggest, however, for people reading this review who have never been to Hawaii, that there is a ton of gorgeous scenery that is a "must see". In Honolulu we too rented a car but drove around the coast (we had previously been to Pearl Harbor which is great). We drove up to the north shore but there is tons of gorgeous lookout points that are much closer to Honolulu.

Hilo- Volcanoes National Park is like nothing you have ever seen. It is a great excursion and can easily been done with a rental car.

Kauai - One can rent a car and either drive up to the north shore (gorgeous beaches practically deserted along the way and also a waterfall or two) or drive in the opposite direction to Waimea Canyon (Grand Canyon of the Pacific) and to some waterfalls.

Maui - I can't remember the sites off the top of my head but if you are there in winter then whale watching is a must do.

I have been to Hawaii several times but the latest was last February on a cruise. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I really want to take my wife on a cruise like this for our 20th anniversary in a couple of years. She LOVES sea days and we've never been on vaca for more than 9 days.

And, looks like you two and my wife and I will be on the same cruise this coming April on the Conquest! Would love to hear more about Hawaii!

For sure!! Are you on the roll call?

Thanks for your review... I'm getting so excited for our trip in October!

Couple questions:

• which nights were your formal nights?
  • how formal/informal were passengers dressed on those nights?

I can't remember which nights. I'm sorry. There were quite a few who went all out for formal night. Lots of semi-formal too though.

Hello,

Thank you for the thorough review. We are thinking about this cruise for next year. Wondering which side of the ship to book a cabin on to have the best island views while cruising?

Thanks in Advance.

I don't think it mattered because it seemed like the views were outstanding no matter where we were on the ship looking out.

But our view was fantastic every day. We were portside. Midship.

• 1 month later...

I have one question, Hopefully you are still checking this. Did you have any problem getting a cab to Long Beach on Thanksgiving? If you rented a car did you see any Taxi Cabs at the airport? We are traveling on Thanksgiving this year for that same cruise.