Bringing Liqueur Aboard

Lovincruisin1321

The cruise lines have the scanning equipment to detect liquid bottles in your luggage. Am not sure what the lines do when they find liquor in "rumrunner" bottles other than destroy it, but would certainly think they would have lots of other options that would be more painful to the smuggler.

Would be interested if others have had smuggled booze destroyed or if the line (not just Celebrity) did anything else. Personally - I bring on my two bottles of wine and a 12 pack of diet rootbeer. That plus a couple glasses of wine a day and I am good. A cruise is not a time for my to party 24/7 but instead to relax and enjoy the ocean and good food.

Ahhhhhh...I sure miss the good old days of CC with 7 or 8 booze smuggling threads going 24/7....

As a veteran booze smuggler on hiatus since booze packages have become the norm here is my 2 cents.....order yourself a rum rumrunner online and use it, they are inexpensive and work great, I used several for years and were never confiscated though as a novice smuggler you will probably only need 1 or 2 not the full set as I have.:eek:

Don't pay any mind to the "anti-smugglers" here, most are just jealous of your ingenuity and stealth techniques! :p

Speaking of technique, here are my "super secret" smuggling techniques....fill your rum runner or whatever else you are packing your booze in up and place them in a gallon sized zip lock bags just in case of leakage, though rum runners are almost guaranteed not to leak, just don't fill them more that about 4/5 full so there is room for them to bend when you "stash" them. Speaking of stashing....I used to pack the smaller ones inside of shoes and the larger ones wrapped in towels throughout my checked suitcase. I think the reason rum runners rarely get found is because when your luggage goes thru the x-ray machine it doesn't look like a bottle.:D

Speaking of technique, here are my "super secret" smuggling techniques....fill your rum runner or whatever else you are packing your booze in up and place them in a gallon sized zip lock bags just in case of leakage, though rum runners are almost guaranteed not to leak, just don't fill them more that about 4/5 full so there is room for them to bend when you "stash" them. Speaking of stashing....I used to pack the smaller ones inside of shoes and the larger ones wrapped in towels throughout my checked suitcase. I think the reason rum runners rarely get found is because when your luggage goes thru the x-ray machine it doesn't look like a bottle.:D

But, you left out the most important part. After you've gone to all of this trouble to disguise your booze, DON'T pack in the same bag as your other contraband -- like your iron, your hover-board, or your flame-thrower. Because, when they they flag your bag for those, guess what else they'll find -- yep, your painstakingly hidden stash of alcohol. :eek:

And, you know what happens next: LUU-CEY -- you got some 'splainin to do! :D