New Suite design for Regent

captjohn

Yes, indeed, repetitive posts can be disheartening. Though I suspect different readers will see different patterns of repetition that keep these threads alive

This whole question of chairs and space could be put to rest easily by Regent right here on this board. Why they choose to not respond is beyond my understanding in this age of modern day communication techniques that major companies routinely employ.

If Regent is not concerned in getting the message out to old and new travelers, then I guess both old and new travelers will continue to be concerned.

My observation is that the Navigator has always had a very loyal fan base for one reason or another. Count us in on that. It would be nice, although unexpected, for the Regent people who supposedly always monitor this board, to acknowledge that the official removal of a chair was not a good idea. It is also annoying for someone who has, over and over and over, made mention that they are not a fan of the Navigator and only travel in higher level cabins to try to re-educate those of us who have expressed concern over a problem that may have surfaced that has a really easy fix. Rather than have to pre-request the chair....why not be able to pre-request that the chair be removed. It seems absurd.

Our first trip on Regent will be in May on the the Navigator. Based on what I have been reading thus far about the refurbishment nightmare it will more than likely be our last trip on Regent.

Wavefairy,

I hope that you will have a very enjoyable vacation with Regent in May

Please don't let the criticism of the refurb voiced on these Boards put you in the wrong mindset even before you embark

We love the Regent experience and the constructive criticism posted is generally aimed at ensuring that the Regent staff who read these Boards understand the thoughts and wishes of their loyal customers

Hopefully in the coming weeks more cruisers will give their first hand impressions of the refurb on Navigator; if you have the time, during or after your cruise, please offer your feedback as a first time Regent cruiser

Currently on the Navigator and after a week on board, several fellow passengers really like the new suites, even without the chairs. I have heard no complaints about storage or seating on our current cruise from anyone outside of these boards.

Thank you Flossie and Vitacura for keeping the focus on positivity! We will definitely post our impressions of our cruise on the Navigator in May and June. We know the ship has many loyal followers and we enjoy a smaller ship experience. More importantly we like the Regent itineraries.

Reading the comments of Regent travelers who have been on board provides important information to us about their experiences and impressions. The comments made by all posters are just that and I believe should never be subject to ridicule.

One easy chair and one settee is fine for us, and based on past experience we will get another chair if we need one and ask for it. I am confident Regent will ensure each cabin has sufficient drawer and shelf space. They are in the business of ensuring passengers are happy and comfortable otherwise they would not be in business..

Edited by eliana

Currently on the Navigator and after a week on board, several fellow passengers really like the new suites, even without the chairs. I have heard no complaints about storage or seating on our current cruise from anyone outside of these boards.

Thank you so much for posting. Think we all needed to hear from someone actually on the ship. If you have time, I have one question...... do the walk-in closets still have drawers and shelves?

In terms of people new to Regent, having not been in the old suites that were beginning to look their age, they will no doubt love the "new" suites with the new furniture, carpeting, etc. We found the suites (basic) suites on the Navigator and Voyager to be large and spacious. At one time (no so long ago), they were the largest suites at sea. In the past few years Silversea and Seabourn have been catching up in size but not necessarily comfort.

We are interested in learning more about the public spaces (which is the main reason we haven't sailed on the Navigator for a while). How is seating in La Veranda - does it become overly crowded in the morning to the point where finding a seat is difficult? Hmmmm, guess I had more than one question:)

The bathroom and closet have zero changes.

If you have time, I have one question...... do the walk-in closets still have drawers and shelves?

The photo posted by Vitacura on the other thread, Navigator Facelift #59, shows the closet. It looks the same to me, which matches the prototype cabin on Voyager. No visible changes were done to the closets or bath. Most everything else is new.

Edited by Anchorbuoy

The photo posted by Vitacura on the other thread, Navigator Facelift #59, shows the closet. It looks the same to me, which matches the prototype cabin on Voyager. No visible changes were done to the closets or bath. Most everything else is new.

Thanks Anchorbuoy, I didn't notice the photo. This solidifies the fact that there are plenty of drawers, closet space and shelves for most people. If this isn't enough, it isn't Regent's problem (my opinion of course).

Thanks Anchorbuoy, I didn't notice the photo. This solidifies the fact that there are plenty of drawers, closet space and shelves for most people. If this isn't enough, it isn't Regent's problem (my opinion of course).

Less storage space is still less. It is a matter of how little you are willing to accept and still feel that 6-star comfort.

The closet still has the 7 narrow drawers that have always been there. Deleted and missing in the new configuration are the 3 wide and large drawers under the desk. Many couples I know shared the drawers as follows: you take the closet, I will take the desk. There is no choice now. Cram what you have in the available reduced space, or live out of your suitcase.