Ncl sun 8 day san fran to vanc bc

kjquilts

Just noticed this new offering from NCL for the Sun. She's doing an 8 day San Francisco to Vancouver BC Alaska itinerary with very reasonable prices. Dates are May 8 to May 16, 2016.

Random pricing for 2 with beverage package

Category OK "obstructed" oceanview $2000

Category BA balcony using free upgrade from Cat 01 OV $2605

Aft facing balcony Cat B1 $3205

Day Cruise Ports Arrive Depart Sun San Francisco, California (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm Mon At Sea --- --- Tue Astoria, Oregon 7:00 am 3:00 pm Wed At Sea --- --- Thu Sitka, Alaska 1:00 pm 9:00 pm Fri Icy Strait Point, Alaska 8:00 am 4:00 pm Sat Ketchikan, Alaska 9:00 am 6:00 pm Sun CRUISE INSIDE PASSAGE --- --- Mon Vancouver, British Columbia (DISEMBARK) 7:00 am ---

You call those prices reasonable? Yikes!! We did Alaska on the Sun from Vancouver same time of year in 2013. It was first cruise of Alaska season, and many people did the cruise to Vancouver back to back with our Alaska one.

I had an aft facing balcony booked for I believe about $1,000 less than current price, later upsold ourselves to an aft facing mini and then very cheaply, as in $80 pp, to a corner aft facing penthouse shortly before the cruise. As I recall, the prices on both cruises fell quite a bit and many on our roll call which included people who were on both cruises were able to upgrade into suites. May is very early in the season, and I would expect prices to drop a lot.

Edited by punkincc

My TA is showing

a OK at $699

a BA at $999

a B1 at $1299

Better get you a new price list for this cruise.

Did your TA forget to mention taxes,fees,port charges of $204.42 per person and Beverage promo gratuity of $99.36 per person for the category OK in addition to the $699 per person cruise fare ??Total is $1002.78 x 2 passengers equals $2005.56 for category OK for two passengers with beverage package.

Not going to bother breaking down the other categories for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, we just booked this itinerary and also joined the roll call. If you booked it please join roll call.

For recent cruisers on Sun, are there any exercices , dance lessons? Is swimming pool heated on alaska cruise?

Will it be too cold to swim in May during this itinerary?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

interesting that the same time-frame next year (17) is a 14 night that hits all the stops. San Francisco, Astoria, Skagway, Juneau, Sitka, ICP, Ketchikan, Prince Rupert, and Nanaimo BC.....

We just booked an Aft Mini suite for that run. Love doing the first run of the AK season...

interesting that the same time-frame next year (17) is a 14 night that hits all the stops. San Francisco, Astoria, Skagway, Juneau, Sitka, ICP, Ketchikan, Prince Rupert, and Nanaimo BC.....

We just booked an Aft Mini suite for that run. Love doing the first run of the AK season...

Booked it too, too good to pass up and it also covers the three main glacier "drive-by" days but hoping they'll do similar at the end of season as the May sailing is close to Feb 2017 Canal trip, I like to spread out the $$ (have to):eek:

• 2 months later...

Has something changed with the May 2016 San Francisco to Vancouver cruise as I do not see that anymore in the schedule and when I called NCL they said that the first departure in May is from Vancouver to Alaska.

Has something changed with the May 2016 San Francisco to Vancouver cruise as I do not see that anymore in the schedule and when I called NCL they said that the first departure in May is from Vancouver to Alaska.

If/when a cruise sells out, is it customary for NCL to remove it from the website?

The May 8 sailing from SF is once again listed on the NCL website and available for booking.

During the time it was off sale, various on line TAs gave the illusion it was still bookable, but if you went through the mock booking process, you would eventually get an error notice and could never complete a booking.