dining room entertainment?

I think there was one night the waiters walked around and sang. Frankly, this was one thing I absolutely hated about Carnival. It disrupts service and any conversation one might be having at dinner. Wish they would do away with it completely and just let waiters do their job.

I think there was one night the waiters walked around and sang. Frankly, this was one thing I absolutely hated about Carnival. It disrupts service and any conversation one might be having at dinner. Wish they would do away with it completely and just let waiters do their job.

I used to dislike it as well but I grew to like it because it lightens up the mood. Maybe if they would only do it a handful of times though instead of every night? Plus those dinners do seem to drag on sometimes and the entertainment passed the time a bit for me.

thankfully, only one night out of the cruise. I do not think it lightens any moods, in fact we consider it tacky. one of the reasons we went to MTD was because any shenanigans are downstairs in Traditional so we are not subjected to it.

it was a disruption as far as we are concerned since the waitstaff was too buy waving napkins to bring us our after dinner coffee.

We did a B2B Cruise on the Adventure March/April 2015 and there wasn't any MDR entertainment on either leg of the Cruises. Didn't miss it. Then we Cruised on the Jewel September 2015 and one evening in the MDR the wait staff did their entrainment. No biggie. We get a kick out of the fact the wait staff do not take it seriously and are goofing around while lip syncing and dancing.

Edited by davekathy

On our first cruise, in 1984, the waiters lined up and sang God Bless America. Their sweet, proud faces have stayed with me. They had worked hard to learn the words and stood so straight and looked so sincere, it was short and memorable.

Having all the waiters in a Conga line accompanied by well lubricated passengers has become an intrusion on our evening.

For first time cruisers, though, maybe it makes a memory that will bring them back again and again.