oasis Deck 17

CallagDeb

We were booked in a GS on the Oasis the end of January and were offered an upsell to a CL, I have a soft spot for the CL although I must admit we were looking forward to a GS on deck 8 close to Central CL was I read somewhere deck 17 could have food delivered from the Coastal Kitchen. Has anyone done this? Do you do it in person? Call or what?

Thankks, Debbie

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!

Did I say OMG!

We have sailed in GS and CL on Oasis and Allure (14730) was our GS

OMG take the CL

With the closeness to the new CK and Suite lounge did I say OMG

Its like your own private cruise.

We are sailing in a CL again this summer and cannot wait.

The two stories, the vast open space of a suite, the in suite dinning table with bench and chairs. Two master baths..

The ammentities.

I have not heard of CK delivering....................yet, but room service is very reliable.

GO FOR IT!!!

Enjoy

Edited by Lionesss

We love the crown lofts so much this is our 4th time. The coastal kitchen food was delicious and loved it. Just wondering if we can get that great food delivered to our room. We love the suites but being on floor 17 can try your patience sometimes regarding the elevator.

We love the crown lofts so much this is our 4th time. The coastal kitchen food was delicious and loved it. Just wondering if we can get that great food delivered to our room. We love the suites but being on floor 17 can try your patience sometimes regarding the elevator.

Yes, can relate to the elevator.

But, we rarely take the elevators except on formal night and when we disembark.

The three times in the CL we have enjoyed ourselves walking and walking and walking the stairs up and down up and down.............. and have maintained our weight, never gaining an ounce and yes going down is nothing coming back up the stairs after a long night ..........well, we make it...................My I phone stair climb and walking health app says I average 8-10 miles every day on board and over 70 flights a day...............we also walk the track at least 15 laps a day. I think thats a little under 3 miles.

Enjoy again.

Safe travels.

In March brother was in a CL and we were in an OS on deck ten. I would do the CL over the GS without question. As stated, deck 17 is like having your own private ship. There is seldom a reason to leave except to explore the ship.

We had a little bit of a walk from our cabin to SL/CK but still spent a lot of time there before dinner cocktails and ate in CK two nights.

I am not sure they deliver, but they probably will as being in a suite you can order room service for anything in the MDR.

I wish I was physically capable of walking the stairs, I have a chronic disease that limits stair climbing. It's crazy though because using the treadmill daily and other machines in the gym also help maintain my weight during the cruise. Took me over 30 cruises to admit that one. Lol, wanna eat gotta put in the effort. I have lupus sle so never know what my day will be like, therefore the remark about the elevators. Two weeks today we will be Bon voyage.

Ahhh

Thats great you are able to go to do the treadmill....we toured the gym once on board:eek:

In my work I see and have provided care to many individuals with lupus and understand your struggles.

But kudos to you for your energy and effort..................

A walker I am and proud to be.

Besides the deserts on board do nothing for me...............but if they did:eek: i would have to be very very careful.

I do enjoy a soft serve or two on pool days never knew I could fit that much in a cone...............

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss

Me too. Desserts leave me cold but bring on chicken wings, chips , watch out. Therefore I walk. Thinking of participating in the water aerobics if I can get up that early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a Grand Suite in 2012 for $3300 including insurance. Took a $600 up sale to a L1 Crown Loft. Was totally spoiled and that was before the Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge.

Next 11 cruises were in a CL and have 5 more booked. Hard to go back to a Grand Suite.

Take the CL.

That is exactly what happened to us. Rccl knows what they are doing, they upgraded us for free and now we have been in a CL 6 times, 2 more booked. They aren't stupid. This current upswell was cost $450. The elevator in the suite takes you to the second floor of the suite nice touch, I think there are two sky loft suites with "personal" elevators.

That is exactly what happened to us. Rccl knows what they are doing, they upgraded us for free and now we have been in a CL 6 times, 2 more booked. They aren't stupid. This current upswell was cost $450. The elevator in the suite takes you to the second floor of the suite nice touch, I think there are two sky loft suites with "personal" elevators.

Never knew that

What a great features.

And in regards to potato chips, they cannot be within 5 miles of our house.

Thank God we live in the sticks......we do have one red light and a gas station plus the new Dollar General..............

But as long as I do not buy I will not eat.

On the Allure I have to limit myself to one small bag a day with my roast beast sandwich.

Later

We only knew because we had drinks with folks that there boys had pulled a prank on grandma and were able to stop the elevator. I think a couple of the handicap cl also have them. Love those little bag of chips in park cafe.

We were in 1750 on Oasis last November.

We were not big fans of Coastal Kitchens. We had breakfast there twice, lunch once, and dinner once. We are definitely in the minority but we did not find the menus to be all that attractive. We much prefered the W/J due to the better selection.

You definitely need to ask about room service from CK once on board.

- As we were walking by the door to the CK galley, two waiters came out bearing what looked like room service platings. I asked if they did room service from C/K and was told by the waiters that they certainly did. We didn't use this service since we prefered the W/J.

- I do not know if this was for breakfast only or if it was only for the CLS suites. Nor do I know if they continue to provide this service.

- We had room service delivered one time and it came from the main dining room. But we ordered that from the room service line.

We enjoyed the CLS and would probably book another if we take another Oasis/Allure cruise. We cancelled our owners suite booked on Allure for March partially due to our disappointment with the CK menus.

Edited by RocketMan275

Thanks for the info I will certainly let everyone how it goes. We were in a CLS in December and it was not advertised anywhere. In fact I think it was here where I saw it mentioned. Maybe it is a well kept secret. I thought only four scallops was a bit I inadequate so I ordered another then next time I ordered two on one plate. They happily accommodated.

We just cruised on the Oasis from Jan 2-9. As mentioned by the other poster...DEFINITELY do the CL Suite. We agonized over deciding between an Owner Suite or the Crown Loft and finally decided on the Crown Loft--best decision ever!

We tried to order room service from CK one night. My husband spoke with the Coastal Kitchen manager and was told that they just didn't have the personnel to be able to offer room service. We spent quite a bit of time in CK and did notice that they were always busy, so we can understand his point.

We were in 1750 and Cherrie was our Room Steward---she was the best we've ever had....hopefully, you will be lucky enough to have her too!

Stayed in Sky Loft 1718 on the Allure in 2014. Did not have an elevator at that time.

We just cruised on the Oasis from Jan 2-9. As mentioned by the other poster...DEFINITELY do the CL Suite. We agonized over deciding between an Owner Suite or the Crown Loft and finally decided on the Crown Loft--best decision ever!

We tried to order room service from CK one night. My husband spoke with the Coastal Kitchen manager and was told that they just didn't have the personnel to be able to offer room service. We spent quite a bit of time in CK and did notice that they were always busy, so we can understand his point.

We were in 1750 and Cherrie was our Room Steward---she was the best we've ever had....hopefully, you will be lucky enough to have her too!

We also had Cherrie in October going again January 30th in same room and hope to have her pretty smile to greet us again.