How long does it take to get off the boat

jeeptp75

First time on a cruise so completely clueless. One thing I can't find much information about is the whole process of getting off the boat when back to port.

When we get back to Port Canaveral I am wondering what the whole process is for getting off the boat. It says we get to port at 8 a.m.. Do we have to get off the boat at that time? How long can you remain on the boat? Our flight isn't until 2:15 so trying to figure out what time we HAVE to be off the boat and how long does getting off the boat take.

Thank you in advance.

The ship is scheduled to dock at 8 but will arrive well before that time unless there are delays while sailing back. It must clear customs. The order of debark is self assist. That is the folks that can easily carry all there stuff off the ship. If you are going to let Carnival take you stuff off the ship you will be given a zone tag the night before you dock. Priority passengers have the low numbers and then they pass them out buy decks. (that is kind of an abbreviated versions but is close enough)

Now knowing you want to stay on as long as you can. You will have to vacate your room by 8 or 8:30 depending on the ship. MDR is open for breakfast. Then find a comfy spot and wait until they are calling the last of the zones. Just don't wait until they are making the announcement "there are 100 people still on board please exit immediately."

You will get a zone number with luggage tags the night before. Put out your luggage with the tags on that night (remember to keep clothes and shoes to wear, necessities, ID, etc.) You do not HAVE to leave when your zone is called. Just wait for the last one. There will still be a line to get off the ship.

When you are off, you will locate the zone where your luggage is and pick up yours. Then you will get in a line to go through customs. Customs can take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour depending on how many agents are working and how many people are in line. When you are done with that, it is out to the taxis or shuttle. It will be about time to head to the airport by then.

The shuttles tend to wait until they are full before you leave, so guage how much time you have left and the length of the trip to the airport in case it's better to grab a taxi.

Just to give you some idea, we left the ship (in Miami) about 10am. We were out at the curb at 11:30 am. It took longer for us than others because we were missing a piece of luggage. (No, it was not found! We had to make a claim. I hope it shows up, but we are not missing much if it doesn't.)

Good luck on your trip and enjoy!

This is only our second cruise, and that was the most nerve wracking part of our first cruise. We had a shuttle waiting and we barely cleared customs in time. It took us about 45 minutes in Port Canaveral They actually went to the Disney ship and came back to pick us up.

We are doing self assist this time, since we each have a backpack and a suitcase.

The ship is scheduled to dock at 8 but will arrive well before that time unless there are delays while sailing back. It must clear customs. The order of debark is self assist. That is the folks that can easily carry all there stuff off the ship. If you are going to let Carnival take you stuff off the ship you will be given a zone tag the night before you dock. Priority passengers have the low numbers and then they pass them out buy decks. (that is kind of an abbreviated versions but is close enough)

Now knowing you want to stay on as long as you can. You will have to vacate your room by 8 or 8:30 depending on the ship. MDR is open for breakfast. Then find a comfy spot and wait until they are calling the last of the zones. Just don't wait until they are making the announcement "there are 100 people still on board please exit immediately."

Why not?

We had a 5:00 PM flight out of HOU after our Magic cruise from Galveston. We had a leisurely breakfast in the MDR, then we retrieved our belongings from the cabin at 8:15. We enjoyed the last warmth and sunshine on Lido until the announcement was made.

If you want, you can do what we did on our cruise this past fall. We traded in our zone 2 luggage tags for the highest ones available at the guest services desk (zone 35). Then we just hung out until they announced that all remaining zones could debarked. I believe we were off around 10 or a bit after. Although making our way to customs once we were off took quite awhile as there was a long line and it didn't move that fast. I was glad we weren't in a rush because I would have been stressing out.

Edited by bakersdozen12

To the original poster; by 10-10:30 you will be of the ship. Please note that breakfast the final morning has modified/shortened hours! Check the schedule you receive on the final night for those hours. Since you don't need to rush off, go enjoy a leisurely breakfast first.

If you want, you can do what we did on our cruise this past fall. We traded in our zone 2 luggage tags for the highest ones available at the guest services desk (zone 35). Then we just hung out until they announced that all remaining zones could debarked. I believe we were off around 10 or a bit after. Although making our way to customs once we were off took quite awhile as there was a long line and it didn't move that fast. I was glad we weren't in a rush because I would have been stressing out.

We let our luggage with #1 tags sit in the port building until we were ready to go. Funny thing-there were lots of #1s with ours. I assumed that most of the last people were also Diamond or Platinum.

Off topic-I'm in NH also. Where are you?

We let our luggage with #1 tags sit in the port building until we were ready to go. Funny thing-there were lots of #1s with ours. I assumed that most of the last people were also Diamond or Platinum.

Off topic-I'm in NH also. Where are you?

I live in Salem, and work in Manchester. How about you?

Oh, and I'm also a HUGE Stargate fan as well. ;-)

Edited by bakersdozen12