Ideas for packing...

OMG..:eek::eek: So what does it do to your skin..:confused:

Sometimes ignorance really is bliss :D

Bushman's is the best - I discovered it on holiday in Townsville/Magnetic Island. I swear some of the mosquitoes were so big they had saddles on them for the smaller ones to have rides. :eek:

On the powerboard issue (decided to go with the double adaptors), I'm assuming the ship has US outlets - is this correct?

Thanks again for your positive feedback - it's very much appreciated.

Sometimes ignorance really is bliss :D

Bushman's is the best - I discovered it on holiday in Townsville/Magnetic Island. I swear some of the mosquitoes were so big they had saddles on them for the smaller ones to have rides. :eek:

On the powerboard issue (decided to go with the double adaptors), I'm assuming the ship has US outlets - is this correct?

Thanks again for your positive feedback - it's very much appreciated.

Yes they have US and European powerpoints, so you need adaptors, US ones are ok for low voltage items but are no good for hairdryers or straighteners the European adaptors are great for these, I just used the European one for everything, I believe there is a US one in the bathroom also, but I have never noticed it. Robin :)

I just brought a 6 point hub for my iPhone, portable iPhone chargers and camera, and small movie camera which will plug into my laptop, so I'll only need to use 1 power point .. And looking forward to using the princess messenger app on my phone, to look,up everything from the menus, shows, things to do and calling rooms

Have plastic pegs for the bottom of the shower curtain been mentioned? The weights are not very effective and I found that half a dozen pegs really help to keep the curtain on the inside (prevent flooding of the bathroom floor) and off your body.

Also, if you generally buy duty free spirits on board, then take as many large sheets of bubble wrap to wrap around your bottles before they into your carry-on. For your domestic flight home, it's fine to have these in your carry on or backpack. We generally take 4 and they line the suitcases on the forward journey.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

Don't forget iPhone/iPad and Android apps have many useful items that can save bringing things like: torch or nite lite, calculators, clocks, alarms, compass, games and puzzles, books etc, just to name a few.

Take a photo of the daily bulletin so you can refer to it at any time.

I use a pegless clothesline for smalls. Longer cruises we take a foldup mesh laundry basket that we keep the dirty clothes in and then take to laundry. Take my own washing pods and a stick of sard.

Instead of over-door organiser, I use the coat hanger type - great for small clothing items like underwear. Easy to see when you need to wash next too.

We take our own jar of coffee.

Just remember you can ask for most things: extra coat hangers, extra pillows, top sheet ( some just have bottom sheet and doona) corkscrew etc.. You are on holiday, just enjoy. What you forget, you can usually beg, borrow or purchase (I do NOT recommend stealing [emoji14])

Hope this helps some. Done 11 cruisers and 5 more booked

Edited by RoamingLadybird

Great ideas there - thanks

If I ring and ask for more pillows then a top sheet 2 hours later

Do I have to give a tip??

Just curious if you do everytime u want something

Ask your cabin steward for any of these items. You might also want some extra clothes hangers. The steward might not be able to bring them immediately if he/she doesn't have what you want in their linen store room, but they will come. If you wish you could tip the steward at the end of the cruise, but I am not sure which ship you are on. If it is P&O or Princess, tips are not expected. On some other ships, tips are automatically added to your on-board account. You will know which applies to you.

I find that mostly the stewards just want to be treated politely and not as servants, so a "please" and "thank you" go a long way. I have had stewards say to me that that is all they want. And at the end of the cruise, a heartfelt "thank you" for all they have done. Depending on the relationship you have built up, there might be a handshake or even a hug. :)

Can't claim credit for it, but the best packing advice is:

TAKE HALF THE CLOTHES & TWICE THE MONEY!!!

I have heard this so many times on a cruise ship that I finally now listen!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget iPhone/iPad and Android apps have many useful items that can save bringing things like: torch or nite lite, calculators, clocks, alarms, compass, games and puzzles, books etc, just to name a few.

Take a photo of the daily bulletin so you can refer to it at any time.

I use a pegless clothesline for smalls. Longer cruises we take a foldup mesh laundry basket that we keep the dirty clothes in and then take to laundry. Take my own washing pods and a stick of sard.

Instead of over-door organiser, I use the coat hanger type - great for small clothing items like underwear. Easy to see when you need to wash next too.

We take our own jar of coffee.

Just remember you can ask for most things: extra coat hangers, extra pillows, top sheet ( some just have bottom sheet and doona) corkscrew etc.. You are on holiday, just enjoy. What you forget, you can usually beg, borrow or purchase (I do NOT recommend stealing [emoji14])

Hope this helps some. Done 11 cruisers and 5 more booked

Thanks very much. I've just added a few more items to my list.