Celebrity Classic Drinks Package - do we need to / can we upgrade?

stitchcreek

We're cocktail drinkers on a cruise - does the Classic Package up to $8 cover us for most cocktails, or would we be better upgrading to the $13 cap package?

We're looking at a deal that includes the Classic Package, so if recommendations are that we should upgrade, how do we go about doing this?

Any advice much appreciated, thanks!

We're cocktail drinkers on a cruise - does the Classic Package up to $8 cover us for most cocktails, or would we be better upgrading to the $13 cap package?

We're looking at a deal that includes the Classic Package, so if recommendations are that we should upgrade, how do we go about doing this?

Any advice much appreciated, thanks!

Hi Stichcreek

If you like more choice with your brand of spirit and fancier cocktails (plus a larger selection of wines) then you're probably better off with premium.

Simple to upgrade on the ship so just go ahead and book your cruise with classic included and you can decide at any time on the ship if you want to upgrade.

Beauty of this is you can go to any of the bars on day 1 and see if your tipple is going to be covered with classic, if not you can upgrade at $10 per day for remaining days of the cruise. Also if classic suits one of you you don't all have to upgrade.

We always upgrade to premium on the ship as I enjoy the better choice of wine with dinner and enjoy the martini bar options.

We feel it's good value at $10 per day and never have to even look at a menu to see if were covered ....never had any extra charges after upgrading. Others will be happy with the choice classic offers and save the extra $

Edited by barneymag

And where do you go to upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes if only one of you wants to upgrade you can do this at any time in the cruise as long as there are at least 4 days left (I think it's 4 days ???)

There will be desks set up on the public decks as you enter on embarkation, or you can upgrade at any bar, or simply go to guest relations - wherever the queues are smallest :)

Last time we even upgraded at a desk set up in the terminal (after security) before we walked on the ship

Edited by barneymag

Here is my "RUFF" run down of a day with a drink pkg on another thread

For us at least, the package was not just about bar drinks. It was everything else that the pkg includes.

A speciality coffee each on the balcony while the wifester is putting on her face, $5 ea.

Evian or San Pellegrino with fresh squeezed juice with that second coffee at breakfast, $15 ea.

Grab a bottle water on the way to stake out a deck chair, $4 ea.

$24 each before any mind altering liquid is consumed.A beer or the drink of the day by the pool, $6 ea

Then off to lunch, maybe a soda, or another San Pellegrino $5 eaThe sun is hot hot hot! A cold beer or drink of the day is in order, $6 ea

The burger at the Mast Grill is calling our names, it does not go down with out some liquid assistance, $5 ea, then it is time to meet friends to watch the sun set from the Sunset Bar, $6 ea. Afternoon total $28.

And the evening fun has yet to begin.

San Pellegrino and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and another speciality coffee with desert, $26 ea

Now it is time for some mind altering sampling to happen, or not A cocktail with friends at one of the watering holes on ship $7 ea, or 2 if we are letting our hair down!

One more bottle water on the way back to the cabin just in case we get thirsty during the night, $4. Evening total, $44.Morning, $24, day, $28, evening $44, total $96.00 each using the low end of the cost scale and not much mind altering substance.

Some evening's we will grab another coffee ( or worse) and go and sit on deck 5 to unwind, listen to the swoosh of the waves gently breaking down the side of the ship before heading to the cabin.

Depends on how you make use of the package.

We have upgraded to the Premium on our last 3 cruises. Our friends stayed with the Classic and were fine. I like the Craft beer selection, I am a beer snob, the wine the wifester drank last yr was $13.50 a glass, with the Premium we did have a .59 cent overage to pay

So it will all depend on what brand of liquor, wine, beer, and even water you want to drink.

EW

Edited by wallie5446

We've done it both ways.

I think Premium upgrade is worth it for the better wines by the glass. With Classic on Constellation, wine offered in the MDR did not taste as good to me as box wines at home.

I like Grand Marnier for a cruising nightcap which is not included. If I buy one drink daily at full price, I've almost paid for the upgrade.

Great way to use OBC.

I need clarification on the 18 percent gratuity charges on drink package. Is it 18 percent for each drink you order or is it on the toltal cost of the package and what if you get the package included with cruise?

I should know but drawing a blank.

If you pay as you go, 18 % is added on each drink. If the package isn't included you pay the web site price + 18%

The included package also includes the gratitude. If you upgrade its 10 USD +18 %/day.

Edited by sollan

18% of the extra $10? (As the gratuity is already paid for the classic if that's in the inclusive package deal)

Or 18% of the full premium price, not just on the upgrade amount?

Edited by stitchcreek

18% of the extra $10? (As the gratuity is already paid for the classic if that's in the inclusive package deal)

18 % of the upgrade amount; 10+18% = 11,8 USD / day.

Are the daily special drinks and mango tango's and such included in the classic package? We've always paid as you go and this next trip will be the first time we've gone with a drink package. Also, I drink Pelligrino or Perrier daily. Is that included in the classic? If it's not, will they charge the full amount for what those would be on a pay as you go bill?

If it's not, will they charge the full amount for what those would be on a pay as you go bill?

Can't answer the first part....

If you buy something that isn't included in the Classic; you pay the full price. If you do the same thing having a Premium you just pay the difference.

Hello all,

My question here is I looked on the website and they also have the Standard Package at $45 but I can't understand whats included in the description can anyone help me ?

Différence from for Classic to Premium package no trouble but for the Standard have no idea whats included.

Thanks

Sea ya

Eric

We are planning on upgrading to premium when we get on the Summit in a couple weeks but I am curious if anybody knows if the bartenders get some sort of commission/compensation when they upgrade somebody. If so, I will hold off on upgrading until I am at my bar of choice.

Hello all,

My question here is I looked on the website and they also have the Standard Package at $45 but I can't understand whats included in the description can anyone help me ?

Différence from for Classic to Premium package no trouble but for the Standard have no idea whats included.

Thanks

Sea ya

Eric

Someone posted a flyer from the ship a week or so back. From memory main difference was only "house" wines .... unnamed, "house" spirits for mixed drinks and a ceiling of $6 I think on beers etc. Also don't think bottled water or speciality coffee was included in standard package

18 % of the upgrade amount; 10+18% = 11,8 USD / day.

And if you get a drink over the $13.00 cap, you only pay the 18% on the difference.

ie: The wine the wifester drank last cruise was $13.50, of which $13.00 was covered by the pkg. We received a chit to sign for .59 cents per glass. .50 X 18% = .09 for the grat on the uncovered amount.

Just found it on another thread, thank you anyway!

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

So a new question, if you can choose to upgrade at any point in your cruise and only pay for the following days, is there any minimum restriction on this?

e.g. I feel I've seen another cruise line say you must have at least 3 nights remaining to upgrade - anything like that?

Does anyone know if a Miami Vice drink is covered by the classic package? I have searched through some threads but can't seem to find it. We are on Eclipse in a month and are wondering if we need to upgrade so the wife can have her favorite drink.